The vision of Skills Academy is to provide an excellent service for its Community, which educates, inspires, develops and creates opportunities through sport.
Mike Delaney believes that he and his team can deliver sport in such a way that it benefits young people in more ways than just improving their sport skills.
The Digital Marketing role at Skills Academy involves developing the organisations multi-channel communication strategies. You will work across a range of platforms and will be required to obtain specialist knowledge of specific platforms.
The job role is split between two organisations and you will be required to market for both. The second organisation is a talent agency called ‘Select Sports Artists’, working with clients such as Adidas on the latest football commercials.
Key areas include:
- Social Media Marketing: Developing a distinct online presence by attracting high numbers of internet followers through social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO): Developing strategies to increase the number of visitors to a website by achieving high-ranking placements in search results.
- Graphic Design (Photoshop): Producing both digital and print media to effectively promote and advertise products and services.
Main Role / Responsibilities: As a digital marketer, you'll need to:
- Create and upload copy and images for the organisation's website
- Write and dispatch email marketing campaigns
- Research new online media opportunities that may benefit the business including Mobile, social media, development of blogs and forums
- Design website banners and assist with web visuals
- Communicate with clients, affiliate networks and affiliate partners
- Conduct keyword research and web statistics reporting
- Contribute to social media engagement and brand awareness campaigns
- Contribute to company and industry blogs and manage e-communications
- Assist with paid media
- Design effective print media to increase sales
- Develop and integrate content marketing strategies
- Keep up to date with current digital trends
- Negotiate with media suppliers to achieve the best price
- Interest in sports and coaching
- Passion for Marketing and Brand Awareness
- Strong Communication
- Customer Service Skills
- Team player
Minimum 5 GCSE's including Maths/English.
What to expect:
- The role is largely office based with a lot of communication by phone and email.
- Travel may be required where visits to venues are an essential part of the job.
- Flexible working patterns and some home-working may be possible.
- Due to the changeable and the fast-paced nature of the digital marketing sector, the role is challenging but rewarding.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.