We’re a small consultancy based in South Tyneside, helping businesses with a wide range of different digital marketing activities, from SEO and PPC to social media, copywriting and analytics.
We’re looking for a capable and enthusiastic apprentice digital marketer to join us at Cameo Digital.
As a digital marketing apprentice, you’ll be supporting and shadowing our friendly, down-to-earth consultants on a wide range of tasks across different clients and industries. As you develop your skills, we’ll expect you to progress from helping out to taking responsibility for your own projects, and you’ll have plenty of opportunities to test what you’re learning in real-world situations.
Digital Marketing Apprentice
Salary & hours: £5 per hour, 30 hours per week.
Location: We all work remotely, so no commuting required. However, we’d expect to have regular face-to-face meetings (location flexible), so being based in the North East is strongly preferred.
The work you’ll be doing will include:
- Assisting with research for client campaigns
- Copywriting and copy editing
- Key phrase research and optimising web content
- Gathering data and creating client reports
- Supporting our own marketing activities
- Contributing to client calls and meetings
- Helping to create proposals and pitch materials
This is an entry-level position, so we don’t expect any previous digital marketing experience. However, any of the following would be an advantage:
- Previous work experience (especially in a customer-facing role)
- Experience blogging, running a social media account or maintaining a website
- Organisational experience, for example in clubs, societies or community work
We’re looking for somebody with:
- Excellent written English, data and number skills - able to confidently express yourself in writing, and make sense of figures and spreadsheets.
- Good verbal communication skills - happy contributing to group discussions and talking to clients.
- Organisational skills - on-the-ball and able to meet agreed deadlines.
- An independent mind-set - happy making decisions independently, whilst also knowing when to ask for help.
- Curiosity and enthusiasm - able to quickly get up to speed with new topics, learn about obscure industries and take an interest in clients’ businesses.
- 5 GCSE’s, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Ideally, we’d love this apprenticeship to turn into a permanent role.
If for any reason this isn’t possible, we’ll do everything we can to help you take the next step in your career – whether that’s offering freelance work, providing excellent references, or making introductions to other opportunities in our network.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.