CBC Computers was founded in December 1985, that's over 30 years of experience in the IT industry. The 80's was when IT was really starting to take off and become an integral part of business and later schools - CBC Computers were there to help.
CBC split their offices between Doncaster and Sheffield, and opened themselves up to a new area and market. While doing this they gained valuable customer relationships and new staff members¬.
After the success of moving to Doncaster, CBC Computers saw the same opportunity to expand in Huddersfield. This decision meant they would hopefully create the same valuable relationships in Huddersfield as they did in Doncaster. CBC Computers formed partnerships with Huddersfield Town AFC, Local Authorities & many local schools.
In 2004, CBC Computers decided that bringing all their staff under one roof would help the business to continue to grow while also helping with logistics. CBC Computers are now based in the heart of Sheffield city centre as it was key to maintain their relationships with the customers they valued in the areas they had previously had offices and being in the centre means that they would have easy access to all surrounding areas.
CBC has now been in operation for over 30 years with consistent growth over that period, this is testament to their business model which helps their customers achieve their IT goals through long-term partnerships. CBC Computers keep up with the landscape of the IT industry to make sure we offer our customers long-term solutions.
Their business philosophy is simple:
- Source & Deploy
- Consult & Change
- Manage & Transform
CBC Computers are looking to invest heavily in apprenticeship talent and have a proven track record of hiring apprentices, as well as helping them gain qualifications through QA whilst providing them with invaluable work experience.
They are now looking for a Digital Marketing Apprentice to join their growing, busy and dynamic organisation with an immediate start.
- Creating and uploading content copy and images for the organisation's website
- Writing and dispatching email marketing campaigns
- Managing Social Media platforms - Facebook/Twitter/Instagram
- Creating engaging content to regularly post through social media
- Designing website banners
- Communicating with vendors and with the general manager
- Conducting keyword research and web statistics reporting
- Managing e-communications
- General Admin responsibilities
- Creating content for various channels
- Assisting in the designing, implementing and execution of specific Marketing campaigns
Desired skills and qualities:
- Previous experience of using PhotoShop or Adobe creative suites.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Enthusiastic about working in the digital world
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Great team players
- Enthusiasm and interest in technology and customer services
- A keenness to learn and adapt to ever changing technologies
- Good personal management skills relating to conduct, timekeeping and delivery against commitments
- Good punctuality skills relating to customer and non-customer engagements
- Not afraid to ask questions
- Be a team player showing skills and the ability to managing changing priorities
- Exhibit an excellent level of verbal and written communication, dealing with technical and non-technical colleagues and clients
In order to be considered for the role, the successful candidate should have a minimum of 5 GCSE's, including Maths and English.
The candidate must also have a keen passion for Digital Marketing and want to pursue a career within the digital world.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.