Firefly is a creative, branding and digital design agency based in Edinburgh. Their work is focused on helping our clients connect with their target audience, promote their business and sell their products and services in a consistent way across all communications.
Are your organisation and communication skills out of this world?
As our agency continues to grow, we're looking for a marketing assistant to join our small, fun and ambitious team. Working alongside our Client Account Manager and Creative Director, the successful candidate will help raise Firefly’s profile and generate new business opportunities.
Jump on board and…
- Manage our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo, YouTube), creating content for successful campaigns and driving engagement. Write content and articles for our website.
- Compile our quarterly newsletter and track engagement.
- Manage the promotion of our projects across Online communities.
- Support our Client Account Manager/Creative Director to compile proposals/tenders.
- Work with our Account Manager and liaise with clients to ensure projects are completed on time and to their satisfaction.
-- Act as our front of house, facilitating all client meetings and ensuring everything is setup accordingly.
We need you to have…
- Flawless writing and communication skills
- Experience working with Microsoft Office applications.
- Great attention to detail.Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with excellent time management skills.
- The ability to develop strong relationships both internally and externally.
- A proactive and motivated mind-set and willingness to always go the extra mile.
We’d like you to have (but it’s not essential)…
- Experience creating and driving successful social media campaigns.
- Experience writing content for blog posts/articles.
- A background or degree in marketing, PR, communications or equivalent.
- Experience working within an agency.
- Experience using WordPress and MailChimp.
- Basic experience using InDesign.
- A love of plants and Tunnocks teacakes.
Perks of the job
- Take a break: 30 days annual leave, plus extra holidays for every year you’re with us.
- Never stop learning: receive hands-on experience and ongoing support and guidance from our Creative Director and Client Account Manager.
- Work hard, play hard: receive time back in lieu as extra holiday, for any agreed overtime you do.
- Bend the rules: flexible working hours (where possible).
- Invest in your future: enrolment to our contributory pension scheme.
- Cut pollution: get yourself a shiny new bike and kit yourself out with all the accessories with the help of our cycle scheme.
- Get the latest tech: save money on the latest tech products through our tech scheme.
- Get out there: choose to attend relevant industry events, with tickets on us.
- Friday fun: ease yourself into the weekend and help yourself to a beer, wine, spirit or soft drink come Friday afternoon.
- Fuel your potential: tuck into complimentary snacks (of the healthy and not-so-healthy variety) and enjoy an endless supply of ground coffee and an impressive selection of teas.
- Surprise lunches: everyone likes a surprise, especially when it involves free food with the rest of your team!
- A busy social calendar: add our annual Christmas celebration, office party and the ad-hoc team outing to your diary.
- Help the environment: choose to grab a litter picker and join us on our litter-picking sprees in a bid to clean up the area surrounding our office.
- Be a DJ: add your favourite tracks to our ‘Firefly playlist’ and work away to a background beat.
- Have some company on your desk: be assigned your own spirit animal figurine to work alongside you.…and more!
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.