We have been at the forefront of international publishing for more than half a century. With publications serving half a million readers across four continents, Alain Charles has pioneered business publishing in many areas of the developing world.
Working in the marketing department, you will be a key point of contact for our advertisers as well as working closely with our internal teams – production, editorial, design, sales, IT and finance. You will be responsible for the analysis and pro-active management of online advertising campaigns; ensuring performance is monitored, maintained and improved throughout.
Providing technical expertise to assist our sales team and their clients, you will have proven customer care experience with the ability to manage expectations and understand the commercial impact of your advice and actions. You will need a proactive attitude towards collaborating with our sales team to pitch new business, improve campaign performance and build client relationships.
Main role and responsibilities:
- Increase the revenue generated by our products through targeted marketing while working closely with the Sales team to maximise revenue
- Develop the marketing strategy for the organisation in line with company objectives
You will be instrumental in developing a marketing strategy that identifies revenue opportunities, organises the marketing materials and direct the sales' team efforts to the most lucrative areas
- You will be working with the Marketing Executive to provide administrative support to the Marketing and sales team
- Attend and assist sales meetings to ensure relevant actions and deadlines are captured. - Forward a copy of these actions and deadlines to the relevant team members and book diary reminders to ensure deadlines are met
- Ensure all documents produced are free from typographical errors and are grammatically correct
- Responsible for ordering marketing materials for events
- Oversee barter agreements to ensure value
- Ensuring all marketing emails are tightly targeted and standardised to maximise profit and visibility for the company's publication and events
Marketing research, analysis and reporting:
- Carry out analysis of website stats. Include comments and conclusions about trends and competitors
- Carry out business research as required and assist in the identification of new leads, targets and opportunities
- Ensure everything is correctly inputted into the database
- Research new sources of prospect data lists
Desired skills & personal requirements:
- Great attention to detail
- Clear and proficient interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Highly ambitious and resilient
- Competitive, focused and disciplined
- 5 GCSE’s, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- A-levels in English and Media Studies would be advantageous.
- The company offers a workplace pension scheme, generous annual leave and excellent training and development opportunities.
- Full time employment.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.