Digital Marketing Apprenticeship with Google UK
Not taking applications
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Sales and Marketing
- Creative & Digital Media
Applications are open from 15th October 2018 to 18th January 2019 for an October 2019 start.
As a Digital Marketing apprentice at Google, you will join a program that aims to provide the skills you need to become a Digital Marketer.
You will join the Sales/Marketing teams at Google and will be assigned a manager for the duration of your 15 month apprenticeship. You will start in October with our academic partner WhiteHat, for initial training. After completing your initial training you will be onsite at Google for further training and onsite experience, rotating between being onsite at Google and training at WhiteHat during your apprenticeship. While onsite, you will have the opportunity to work alongside a team of Googlers to solve real life problems while developing and learning from world-class digital marketing leaders.
As an apprentice within the Sales/Marketing teams, you will help define, design, and implement campaigns across a variety of platforms. Be it supporting the complete marketing experience of a product, shaping its voice and growing a loyal consumer base, or designing and executing digital marketing campaigns for the biggest brand marketers in the world, you will get exposure to different Google products, including consumer (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) and business products (AdWords, AdSense, Google Analytics). You will do this in collaboration with a cross functional team, including Sales, Marketing, Product, Engineering, Legal, PR, Policy and more.
We will equip you with everything you need to know to help our customers on their digital journey. You will receive specialised training on basic marketing principles, the fundamentals of search marketing, pay-per-click, and more. You will develop further skills through hands-on experience in research & web analytics, and will be in a position to recommend and apply technological solutions to achieve marketing objectives.
Google aspires to be an organisation that reflects the globally diverse audience that our search engine and tools serve. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services. Interacting with people in all parts of the company will give you insight into our unique enterprise and corporate culture.
To apply, please follow the instructions below. To have a complete application, you will need a CV and a cover letter:
- Prepare the following documents to complete your application:
- Current CV combined with the cover letter to create one PDF attachment.
- Cover letter explaining your interest in applying to be an apprentice at Google. List any projects that you have been involved in or started that prove your suitability or passion for the role.
- Let us know how you heard about this apprenticeship role (Note: this information will be used in aggregate and will not be considered as part of your application)
- Click on the “Apply” button on this page to provide the above required materials in the appropriate sections:
- In the “Resume Section:” attach your current CV combined with the cover letter to create one PDF attachment.
- **This section is mandatory for the program even though it is optional, as noted on the website, for other jobs at Google.**
For any questions, please contact us on email@example.com.
Examples of responsibilities
- Analyse and evaluate organisations’ digital strategies and actions for some of the world’s biggest brands.
- Support execution of go-to-market strategies and coordination for new product launches & programs - e.g. positioning, naming, external communications, competitive analysis, and feature prioritization
- Support insight gathering to better serve our users - e.g. via focus groups, working with a research agency to develop & test hypotheses, etc.
- Manage social media campaigns & develop ideas to better engage our users
- Undertake training and follow mentoring as specified.
- Attend team meetings to keep colleagues informed and to create a forum for knowledge sharing.
- Five GCSEs at Grades A*-C or 9 - 4, (including English & Mathematics), Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths, or a relevant Level 2 Apprenticeship, or equivalent qualifications or experience;
- B grade at A-Level or equivalent qualification in one or more subjects.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Have authorization to work in the United Kingdom.
- Ability to work independently and within a team framework.
- Willingness to navigate ambiguous tasks, find suitable solutions and seek help/advice where appropriate.
- Enthusiasm and passion for new technologies, demonstrated through personal projects and commitment to learning new skills.
- Effective communication and organizational skills, pro-active, self-motivated, positive attitude, and excellent customer service capabilities
- Excellent problem solving capabilities.