The job in a nutshell…
At Home Group, our Marketing and Communications team use the latest digital tools to communicate with customers, colleagues and our other stakeholders. This role is a really important one with our team as we constantly improve the way we communicate and help customers to do more with us digitally.
While receiving full on-the-job training you will also be fully funded and given time to study towards a BSc (Hons) Digital Marketing. So on completion you’ll be on track to achieve great things in your career at Home Group.
What success will look like…
You’ll be working in our marketing and communications team, getting involved in everything from website content development and build, search, email and social. You will:
- Learn the job role and develop related work experience throughout the apprenticeship duration
- Complete the apprenticeship qualification and meet study requirements within agreed timeframes
- Work well with colleagues and show a willingness to learn, develop and progress your career with Home Group
- Gain practical experience of marketing and digital best practise
- Grow an understanding of, and be able to, interpret data to help us improve our communications
- Use digital marketing tools and systems efficiently and effectively
- Be creative and proactive
- Work with business areas to meet their goals through relevant communications
- Work with the wider marketing team
- Help us to keep up with the latest trends in digital marketing
You’ll already have these brilliant skills, qualifications and knowledge…
- - 120 UCAS tariff points (that’s three B’s at A-Level or equivalent) OR instead of this prior experience (of around three years) and prior qualifications may be considered
- Five GCSE grades A*- C; including English and Maths
- A keen interest in developing an understanding for all areas of digital marketing including digital media and advertising, customer online behaviour, the importance of the stakeholder experience and campaign management
- Confident with time management and self-discipline in relation to study and personal development
- Ability to work independently and take responsibility
- Ability to work between several business departments and develop brilliant relationships
- Ability to understand and apply basic marketing principles
- Some great logical and creative thinking skills
- Ability to apply a good level of written communication skills for a range of audiences and digital platforms
- Great analytic and problem solving skills
- Ability to deal with sensitive information to maintain confidentiality
We’d also love you to have, or be brilliant at… (but don’t worry if not)
It is really important that you are fully committed to working in a fast-paced business environment keen to develop both personally and professionally. If you’ve got a GCSE or A-Level in a business-related subject that would be great but, hey, it’s not essential because this is an apprenticeship so just be willing to have a go, try new things and learn loads!
We’re all accountable for…
Health and safety of our ourselves and others; put simply this includes taking the time to complete all learning, understanding your role-specific responsibilities, working with reasonable care and taking steps to address and report health and safety related problems.
Taking a proactive approach to your learning and development in order to be the best you can be. This includes understanding and keeping up to date with all our relevant policies and processes as well as taking advantage of all the learning opportunities and resources available to you … they’re there for a reason but don’t worry, we’ll help keep you informed along the way.
Promoting equality, diversity and inclusion as a top priority at Home Group; leading by example in your actions and demonstrating our Brilliant People behaviours.
Keeping things compliant! You’ll have role-specific and organisational goals but it’s important you take these seriously and keep people and information secure and safe within the scope of doing your bit here at Home Group.