Digital Media Technology Apprentice
Duration: 3 years
Location: BT Tower, London
Do you want to make a real difference to peoples’ lives? To help shape the way people view digital media and content? To learn new skills on the job, gain professional qualifications and build yourself the perfect career? Then you’re looking in the right place as the apprenticeship opportunities at BT could help you do just that.
The primary role of the apprentice is to be able to assist with design, build and operation of elements of a large or small scale digital television networks or platforms. Typical delivery platforms would usually support communication between the customer equipment and the core platform. The work will involve building and supporting services on BT’s UK / Global Media Networks.
A technician would typically be working as part of a larger team. They will have responsibility for particular elements or processes as part of the overall network or platform. They work under the guidance of more specialist members of the team such as an IPTV Systems Engineer or Implementation Engineer.
You could be working on a variety of things including projects for both internal and external customers. You will be working on live projects, talking directly to customers and understanding their needs to delivering the live working systems.
5 GCSEs A to C Grade (including English and Maths).
2 A-Levels A to C
Technical Knowledge and Competencies
- PC Literate.
- Attention to detail.
- Understand how teams work effectively to deliver results.
- As a DMT apprentice you will benefit from working with an experienced team who will help you improve your skills through mentoring.
- A keen interest and understanding of up to date technologies.
Professional, interpersonal and business Skills
- Communicate effectively and work both independently and as part of a team
- Apply structured techniques to problem solving
- Apply strong interpersonal skills when dealing with colleagues, customers and clients
- Flexible attitude
- Ability to perform under pressure, enjoying challenging projects and responsibilities.
- A commitment to quality
- A thorough approach to work
- Logical thinking and creative approach to problem solving