For almost five decades, Elekta has been a leader in precision radiation medicine. As a medical device company that manufactures radiotherapy solutions for cancer care and brain disorders, we are committed to ensuring everyone with cancer has access to–and benefits from–precise, personalized radiotherapy treatments. Won’t you join us?
You will have the opportunity to gain experience in Cyber Security, Technical Services, Software Development, IT Architecture, Business Analysis, IoT, Machine Learning and Application Installations and Support.
You will develop a broad range of technical, business and interpersonal skills at Elekta. You will also take modules to develop your skills in a technical specialism leading to formal qualifications.
The apprentice will work through a variety of functions. From our world-class UK headquarters, you will become part of a global team that provides solutions for cancer treatment to 1.5 million people per year.
As a Digital Technology Apprentice - Software Developer, you will have the opportunity to gain experience in Software Development, as well as multiple areas across the Business, including the following options:
- Learning about Elekta’s solution portfolio and its place in cancer treatment
- Attending software and hardware installations and support visits internationally
- Setting up and configuring Software and databases for Elekta's product lines
- Supporting customer queries
- Data analysis of real-time machine data
- Developing interpersonal skills
- Participating in improvement activities
- Designing and maintaining a software build infrastructure and test lab
- Designing electromechanical medical devices and reviewing with virtual reality
- Participating in concept explorations, innovation and research
- Learning to learn new technologies, including Big Data, IoT and AI
- Excellent communication skills, including a confident telephone manner
- Ability to prioritise workloads
- Good organisational skills
- Good problem-solving abilities
- A willingness to travel internationally, if required
- Commitment to ongoing training
- A strong interest in technology and developing a career within the industry
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office
- A capable team worker with strong interpersonal skills
- A self-starting learner who is keen to develop further
At least 7 GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C/4 or above including Maths and English Language.
- Ride to Work scheme for discounted bicycles
- Access to subsidised travel scheme
- Paid travel to and from the training centre
- Rail season ticket loans
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- Free tea and coffee
- Table tennis, table football on site
- Active social events
- Wellbeing events on site
- Access to corporate gym discounts
- Optional medical insurance
- Generous pension scheme
On successful completion of the Apprenticeship, Elekta aims to offer a permanent position to our most capable, talented and engaged Apprentices within a suitable position.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.