You want to gain a qualification in a professional working environment, so why not give your career a kick start and join our BAM Apprenticeship Programme?
With this apprenticeship you can complete a Level 3 Business Administration, while working with our Facilities Management Dispatch team!
The apprenticeship is based in our Head office in Hemel Hempstead and will be a full-time role from Monday to Friday.
So what is BAM Facilities Management (FM) all about? We asked the team to tell us...
“This exciting new opportunity sits in BAM FM. FM have been delivering bespoke support services throughout the UK for 18 years. Employing over 900 staff, and delivering digital integrated facilities management with excellent customer service across the education, healthcare, retail and commercial property sectors. BAM FM has an annual turnover of £50 million and operates across England, Scotland and Wales, and is part of BAM Construct UK, a leading construction and property services business.”
Here is a flavour of the type of activities we would love you to be involved in:
- Dealing with direct contact for updates on information regarding reactive maintenance activity, received by both telephone and e-mail
- Inputting updates in to Concept Evolution following any communication from the customer, our operatives or sub-contractors
- Manage workload ensuring that any deadlines are achieved
- Reacting promptly to Health and Safety risks identified as part of any reactive visit
- Loading completion certificates and entering time records against active tasks and identifying follow on work ensuring appropriate action is taken
- Escalate any complaints as required and support continuous improvement activity to reduce levels of customer complaints
- Ad hoc administration duties as required to support the team
- Complying with corporate health and safety, quality, environmental system requirements ensuring compliance with all legislation and BAM FM policy and procedures
What we're looking for…
Early careers talent is really important to us here at BAM. We're looking for people with passion and initiative. You will love working in a team, learn quickly and prioritise your workload. We need you to support the team, so we are looking for someone who can talk to people at all levels and pay close attention to detail. You'll be a superstar at administration and eager to provide an excellent service for internal and external clients.
Due to the nature of this apprenticeship, it would suit school/college leavers from 16 years of age. You are only eligible to apply if:
- You have lived in the UK/EEA for a minimum of three years consecutively
- You have C grade GCSE's (GCSE Level 4 or equivalent) in English and Maths
- You do not already hold a Level 3 qualification in the same subject
What you'll get
The nationally recognised apprenticeship qualification takes approximately 18 months to complete and you will receive a competitive salary! You will gain valuable training in the workplace while being supported every step of the way.
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible
Applications will remain open until the position is filled