You will be working for an expanding organisation who offer break/ fix repair services to commercial organisations and public sector bodies throughout the UK.
Job overview / purpose:
Currently seeking a keen individual with an interest in IT who may have some exposure to repairing computers or similar electronic equipment, for an apprenticeship position with a European leading IT services provider.
The overall job purpose is to:
• Attend customer sites to provide support of IT hardware and software products, within the required Service Level Agreement (SLA)
• Provide Technical Support to other staff in Managed Services and incident management of major system outages
• Work efficiently and proactively to deliver IT support service to a wide range of customers
Your main duties of the role will include:
• Replace PC's, Laptops, Printers and associated peripherals
• Assist other engineers in the delivery of service to customers
• Communicate with Call Administration and the Branch throughout the day to effectively manage all call details real time and gain full understanding of the customer requirements
• Complete part movements (RMA generation & physical movement) in a timely manner, returning items as directed by the Branch
• Achieve KPI target of 5 visits / fix’s per day
• Represent SCC in a professional and positive manner at all times
• Be compliant with management system policies, company policies & guidelines and take responsibility for health & safety in the workplace
• Respond to any requests for information from your line management in a timely manner
• Must be able to embrace new technologies and adapt to change
• Must be professional and presentable at all times
• Have an Interest of PC, Laptop, Printer & associated peripherals operation
Also, applicants must have a full driving license as it is essential to the role because occasionally the apprentice will be required to travel to different locations.
Desired qualification requirements:
A successful candidate will have at least 5 GCSE's (C grade and above) including Maths and English.
5 days per week,
Monday - Friday,
37.5 hrs a week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
Circa £12,000 per annum, depending on your experience.
Benefits / Future prospects:
• Working as an Apprentice, you will receive full training on the repair, maintenance and installation of computer equipment to ensure that all work carried out is completed according to set quality standards and manufacturers’ guidelines
• For a successful candidate, a full time role will be offered with the opportunity to progress
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.