Do you love maths? Get a career that counts today!
- Professional Qualifications
- Business & Admin
- Banking and Finance
Have you ever heard of an actuary? The chances are not… but if you love maths, then this could be the career for you!
Actuaries are experts in risk management. They use their mathematical skills to help measure the probability and risk of future events and (usually) their financial impact on a business and/or their clients. This information is useful to many financial services industries, such as healthcare, pensions, insurance, banking and investment.
How do you start?
Well, there are many options, of which, an apprenticeship is one!
For most of the apprenticeship opportunities in the market you need to have a Maths A level at Grade B or A, although some companies may look for other subjects.
You then need to apply for a scheme using some of the companies on this site or through our Directory of Actuarial of Employers.
What opportunities are there for me?
There are two schemes available to you
- A Trailblazer apprenticeship scheme where you will either take the CT1 exam or the first two modules of the CAA qualification. This is a government run initiative and is assessed at the final stage by City and Guild. This will last around two or three years and will include work experience to ensure you are a truly well-rounded employee at the end.
- An apprenticeship that is run internally at an employer. You will again get to chose what qualification you want to embark on and you will still get the same level of work experience. But the assessment will be done in-house.
There is no right or wrong option – it is just what is available to you.
Where can you find out more?
- Our website - https://www.actuaries.org.uk/become-actuary/actuarial-apprenticeships
- Directory of Actuarial Employers - https://www.actuaries.org.uk/become-actuary/careers-advice/obtaining-actuarial-position
- CAA qualification – www.caa-global.org
Please click the apply button below to register your interest
Sign-up or log in to apply