Herbert Smith Freehills is one of the world’s leading professional services businesses, bringing together the best people across our 27 offices, to meet all your legal services needs globally. We can help you realise opportunities while managing risk.
Understanding your requirements, objectives and operating environment is important to us - we listen and take time to do this. You have ready access to our deep global sectoral expertise, as well as our local market understanding, to help you achieve your commercial objectives.
Operating as one global team, we use innovative systems and processes to ensure your work is delivered intelligently, efficiently and reliably. We care about the markets and communities we work within and constantly strive to make them better.
What does it all add up to? When you work with Herbert Smith Freehills, you are partnering with a world-class and diverse team of client focused professionals who can ensure you achieve your best results.
At Herbert Smith Freehills, we aim to be the leading global law firm for the attraction, promotion and retention of women as part of our commitment to inclusion across the spectrum of diversity.
Working for the Revenue Department under the direction of the eBilling Manager your contribution will ensure that our matter management and eBilling processes are managed at all times.
Duties and responsibilities:
The eBilling Executive will have the following duties:
- Assist with the development, enhancement and testing of the firm's billing systems and related tools, including electronic billing formats
- Analyse client electronic invoicing requests
- Act as a liaison between fee earners, business support teams, Business Finance, IT department, clients and electronic invoicing intermediaries to help implement new electronic invoicing requests
- Assist the Revenue Projects team with the documentation of procedures and working practices
- Assist with running debtor statements- contacting clients and pursuing payments via email and phone
- Client liaison- assisting in providing a full-service to an assigned group of clients
- Arranging and attending client meetings to discuss eBilling requirements / issues / improvements
- Understand the various electronic invoicing intermediaries and how they work with electronic invoicing requirements/policies
- Assist with the submission of all Herbert Smith Freehills LLP offices paper and Ledes eBill files to 3rd party intermediaries
- Maintain the data held in various 3rd party intermediaries
- Assist with the loading of all UK, US, EMEA and Asia timekeepers and associated rates in various 3rd party intermediaries
- Reconciling matters both internally and via 3rd party intermediaries
Provide 1st line support to the Business Finance Revenue teams, File Opening and Fee Earning community
- Excellent working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Confident and dynamic personality
- Strong creative outlook
- Enjoys working as part of a team in a forever changing environment
- Enjoys being challenged and contributing with innovative ideas
- Excellent customer service orientation skills
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills
- Deadline focused and able to deliver within tight deadlines
- Ability to cope with conflicting demands and meet deadlines
- Exceptional communication and problem-solving skills are essential
- Promotes a collegiate environment, good team morale and a spirit of co-operation
- Inspire a learning and progressive environment through leading by example
- Ability to establish professional credibility
- Ability to use initiative and be pro-active; with a positive approach to ensuring the demands of the department are met
- Able to work in a challenging environment
- Enjoys working in a fast moving and changing environment
Work Based Competences
- We would prefer the candidate to have some experience within the legal billing/credit control/revenue profession
- Knowledge of LEDES formats and eBilling intermediaries is essential
- Knowledge of international tax requirements is preferable but not essential
- Knowledge of SARs
- A working use of Aderant would be preferable although training will be provided
- Competent IT skills, good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
5 GCSE's grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.