eBusiness Analyst Apprentice
Salary £15,000 pa
About the role
Our eBusiness team is looking for an eBusiness Analyst Apprentice, to support them in ensuring our eBusiness platform; eCAT, delivers an outstanding experience to our customers, both internally and externally.
The role will involve supporting the Senior eBusiness Analyst with a variety of processing, management and analysis tasks relating to product data for Softcat’s online product portfolio, but will also cover customer specific requirements and KPI reporting specific duties relating to eCAT and where applicable the wider business. You’ll provide customer support for users, troubleshooting basic technical issues etc.
Our apprenticeship programme runs for 12 months, when you’ll gain all the skills you need to excel in IT. You’ll earn a Level 3 Business and Administration qualification and we’ll be by your side every step of the way.
The remit of this role will include but not be limited to:
- Accurate classification of all IT products within Softcat’s product range.
- Enhancing product data by sourcing images and technical specifications where required.
- Basic SQL use with full training provided.
- Reviewing all products created on our back end systems and ensuring they are categorised correctly.
- Producing eCatalogues for eProcurement systems, with full training provided.
- Undertake regular checks and routines to ensure we are displaying the best and most recent possible data on the maximum number of products both online and on internal systems
- Act as a point of contact offering first line support and triage for any eCAT and/or product related technical queries and issues for both customers and internal staff, liaising with third party suppliers as and when required.
- Undertake proactive checks and routines to ensure eCAT is always open and available to customers
- Work with the platform provider, internal colleagues and eBusiness Manager to test relevant enhancements to the eCAT platform and associated processes relating to product management.
- Produce regular defined KPI reports, with full training provided.
- Undertake regular reviews of search terms used, particularly those returning no results, to continually improve the customer experience.
- Speak to customers and internal staff when required to outline and explain eCAT functionality and features following full training.
- Previous specific experience of all of the above is not required as full training and support will be provided.
The successful candidate will also have an interest in IT products and ideally a basic understanding of technology. The candidate will have a keen eye for detail, work well within a team and have the ability to solve problems in a structured and methodical manner. The individual will be self-motivated with an on-going desire to expand their knowledge in related areas.
Ideal qualifications / experience
- Knowledge of and experience with Excel.
- Knowledge of and experience with the MS Office range of products.
- Some understanding of the technical principles around databases (SQL/MySQL) and internet technologies would be desirable but not essential.
- Some knowledge of methods and technologies around data transfer/interfaces such as XML, CSV, and FTP would be desirable but not essential.
- An understanding of IT products and technologies within the Softcat portfolio would be an advantage.