FULL TIME EIGHT WEEK DOCUMENTARY FILMMAKING
- Eight-week full-time course (Monday – Friday, 10am – 5pm)
- For students who want to bring their passion and ideas for a documentary to life and require training in technical and creative filmmaking skills, write, produce and edit your first short documentary film
- Suitable for beginners, no previous experience is required
This course equips you with fundamental filmmaking skills and focuses on the challenges of the documentary genre, such as working with people and filming reality. The course culminates in the production of your short documentary film.
WHAT YOU WILL STUDY
- History and evolution of documentary – examine historical and recent examples of successful documentaries to better understand today’s marketplace
- Technical aspects of screen content creation: camera, lighting, editing and sound
- Developing ideas for documentary – researching a subject, writing a proposal and creating a treatment
- Planning and controlling your productions – working with real people rather than actors, considering production issues such as scheduling, location management and legal requirements
- Practical exercises at school facilities
- Filming on location
Find out more.