Electrical Engineering Apprentice, AF Switchgear Ltd - Huthwaite
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
About the employer
Vision Apprentices are delighted to be working with AF Switchgear Ltd to recruit 3 electrical engineering apprentices.
AF Switchgear are one of the UK’s largest Switchgear Manufacturers. Established in 1974, they have unrivalled experience in the design and manufacture of electrical switchgear and control applications.
The company operate from three modern sites in Sutton in Ashfield which cover: Sales, Design, Administration, Manufacturing, Fabrication and Paint. For further company information please visit www.afswitchgear.co.uk
To support their continued growth, AF Switchgear are looking to appoint a 3 intelligent and hardworking apprentice engineers to join their well-established team.
The main focus of your work will involve panel building and the associated assembly, maintenance and inspection. You will be part of a small team and will have the opportunity to move around the various teams on the shop floor to allow you to develop your skill set and become a multi skilled engineer. You will be working in a modern manufacturing environment and should be practically minded with a strong academic background.
As part of your apprenticeship you will attend Vision West Nottinghamshire College 1 day per week to complete an electrical engineering apprenticeship. You will study at the Engineering Innovation Centre.
About the role
The main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Learn how to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications
- Be trained on how to assemble a range of control panels
- Learn how to inspect and test components
- Learn how to maintain control panels, machines and equipment
- Learn about the wiring of panels and how to diagnose and rectify faults.
- Gain a good understanding of the sector and the products and services supplied by AF Switchgear
- Attend college and produce work of a high standard
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
The employer reserves the right to close this vacancy early should a suitable candidate be identified prior to the published closing date
The Person Specification -
We are inviting enthusiastic individuals who are committed to learning new skills and knowledge with the appropriate experience, qualifications and personal qualities to apply for this exciting opportunity.
The employer would like applicants to be able to demonstrate the qualifications, skills, experience and attributes listed below to be considered.
Skills & Qualities
- GCSE Grades A to C or equivalent are essential, specifically Maths and English. 2017 grading system, grade 9 – grade 5
- Time management skills
- Organisational Skills
- Attention to detail
- Smart professional appearance
- Self-motivated & reliable
- Confidence with meeting/speaking to new people and conversing with ease
- Genuine interest in the sector
Employer: AF Switchgear
Nunn Brook Road
Sutton in Ashfield
Framework/Standard: Performing Engineering Operations Level 3 Framework
Duration: 4 years
Weekly wage: £177.37
Hours per week: 37.5 Hours a week
Working pattern: Monday to Friday 8am – 4pm
Pay frequency: Weekly
Assisted travel: NoApplication closed