Electrical Engineering Degree Apprentice (level 6), Stevenage
Not taking applications
MBDA offers a four-year programme for its electrical engineering apprentices. It is a fantastic opportunity for you to join an accredited engineering scheme that has developed some of the leading engineering apprentices in the UK.
What you will be doing
Engineering apprentices study for a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering at University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield and work within our business on rotational placements whilst earning a competitive salary and with access to all of the company benefits. This unique way of studying allows you to earn academic and nationally recognised qualifications as well as gain hands on learning experience within a professional and friendly workplace. Electrical engineering apprentices complete rotational electrical engineering placements around the business and also have the opportunity to complete external placements outside of MBDA, with our external contractors and suppliers
The programme will offer you opportunities to apply and develop your skills in areas suchas:
- PCB Design
- Test Equipment
- Electronic Packaging
As well as a variety of placements you will have th opportunity to undertake developmental training and support:
- An induction event that allows you the opportunity to interact with all ECP new-starters, and integrate into the business
- 2 x 1 week residential courses to develop skills, such as team working, business communication, presentation and project management skills.
- 2 day career development workshop at the end of the scheme to assist you moving from an apprentice into the business.
- A breadth of experience and support is available which includes a buddy system to welcome you into MBDA, access to the mentoring scheme and regular informal meetings with other Early Careers Programme (ECP) members and managers.
- You will also get fantastic opportunities to bring your technical knowledge to schools as a STEM ambassador.
- 5 days paid study days to prepare for exams per year
What are we looking from you?
Candidates must have a minimum of 120 UCAS points through either:
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (DDM or above) in Engineering
- 3 A-Levels, with one in Maths and one in Physics or Engineering/Technology related subject.
GCSE Maths and English at Grade C / Level 4 or above
- A dedicated attitude and be comfortable taking the initiative.
- A willingness to learn and apply newly gained knowledge quickly.
- To be capable of working as part of a team and on your own.
- Ability to balance workload between university and work commitments.
What you would get:
- £14,500 starting salary
- An annual increase of up to £4000 dependant on your performance in placements and university.
- Annual company bonus scheme
- Continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Flexible working hours
- Fantastic site facilities
- Paid overtime
- 25 days paid holiday
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- Employee funded voluntary private healthcare
- Sporting activities
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role.
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.