Electronics Engineer - Bolton, Edinburgh, Oban, Oxford, Reading, Salisbury, Southend, Stonehaven & Inverness
As an Electronics Engineer apprentice you’ll join a team that supports and maintains our internal network within our telephone exchanges, radio stations and data centres. You will:
- Maintain and repair faults on switching equipment that provides dial tone to your home telephone and routes calls.
- Work on the varied transmission systems and technology which we use to transport data digitally via our fibre and radio networks.
- Install, commission and maintain new types of equipment in our network of telephone exchanges and data centres.
An electronics role is both interesting and rewarding, and you’ll have the opportunity to work on and understand the latest technology used to transfer data and voice over the internet. Once you’ve completed your apprenticeship and training you’ll become responsible for a number of exchanges in your local area.
- A minimum of five GCSEs at grades 4 – 9 (C or above) including English Language and Maths
- A full driving licence with no more than six points
- To meet our safety requirements by showing you can recognise a range of colours