Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centred on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
Being an apprentice at Microsoft
As a Microsoft Apprentice you could start your career early, earn while you learn and gain valuable experience.
We don’t believe in the traditional notion of “work experience” either. At Microsoft you are given real responsibility from the outset, with an employment contract for the full duration of your Apprenticeship you really are part of the team.
As an apprentice at Microsoft you will:
- Join Microsoft fully supported by an apprentice buddy who you will meet before you join and a 3-week induction event;
- Be supported in your teams by your manager and fellow team members. Our managers are fully trained and ready to support you and your apprentice programme
- Be part of vibrant and inclusive apprentice community and can give back with our community programmes such as DigiGirls or SteamKidz;
- Be given a real job and responsibility. We love the impact our apprentices create in their jobs roles and the fresh thinking they bring;
- Be supported to be career curious. Microsoft is just the beginning. When you are coming to the end of your apprentice programme we support you with our Career Connections programme to help you secure your next career opportunity.
- Paid a competitive salary.
Do you love analysing data and solving problems? Have you got a strong eye for detail a love of communicating and collaborating and want to put in to use your passion for maths?
If this is you then our Microsoft Stores EMEA Planning Apprentice job role could be for you.
To support this job role, we are offering a Level 4 Data Analyst apprenticeship for this 2-year programme.
We use the to grow the critical skills that you need in this role. You will spend time away from your job training and growing your knowledge to bring back into your job and apply all you have learnt. You will complete work-based assignments on this programme and the modules of the programme are aligned to what you will be doing in your day to day job role.
We will support and help you grow in to your role.
- Develop and maintain the 6 month rolling forecasts for a given product category (Gaming ,IOT, PC's, Phones, Surface & VR/MR). This forecast will be developed at a SKU level and revised/analyzed weekly.
- Determine initial purchase quantity, and rebuy quantities, for all skus to enable us to achieve/exceed our financial revenue goals
- Ensure purchase plan aligns with our inventory management goals (turns, weeks of supply) while staying within budgeted discount rates.
- Assemble and analyze all data pertinent to reflect impact of promotions, pricing changes, seasonality, new Store business models/partnerships, and other factors to develop continually improving future forecasts
- Partner closely with Merchants/Buyers and Online Store Leads to ensure forecast and buy plan reflect future promotionsDevelop financial forecasts by category/sub-category/area to support quarterly financial forecasting rhythm.
- Continuously improving forecasting techniques, method, and approach.
- Develop and track key forecasting KPI’s, such as forecast and mix accuracy, on a monthly basis.
- Track customer returns rates by product. Partner with the Merchant to ensure our returns allowances are reasonable and are effectively being maximized.
- Partner closely with Merchandising Replen and MSCIS Supply Chain teams to ensure 99.0% In Stock Percentage metric at a sku/outlet level.
- Establish and utilize best practices (statistical models and software tools) in creating forecasts
- Make recommended adjustments to forecast based on changes in demand and market trends.
Who should apply?
At Microsoft we are all about your potential. We love apprentices who are a self-starter’s and have initiative. Being curious, great listening skills, and a hunger to learn about our business are a must.
To be successful in the job role and on the apprenticeship programme our experience tells us that you must be highly organised with an eye for detail. You will be a problem solver who looks for patterns and is systematic and methodical. You will be an awesome organiser, as well as love building relationships internally with our teams as well as externally with our customers and partners.
Ideally you will be competent on using Microsoft solutions such as Microsoft Excel, but we can help you learn quickly if you have the right potential for the job role.
5 GCSEs A*-C including Maths and English and 3 A Levels A*-C or equivalent qualifications