Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centred on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
Being an apprentice at Microsoft
As a Microsoft Apprentice you could start your career early, earn while you learn and gain valuable experience.
We don’t believe in the traditional notion of “work experience” either. At Microsoft you are given real responsibility from the outset, with an employment contract for the full duration of your Apprenticeship you really are part of the team.
As an apprentice at Microsoft you will:
- Join Microsoft fully supported by an apprentice buddy who you will meet before you join and a 3-week induction event;
- Be supported in your teams by your manager and fellow team members. Our managers are fully trained and ready to support you and your apprentice programme
- Be part of vibrant and inclusive apprentice community and can give back with our community programmes such as DigiGirls or SteamKidz;
- Be given a real job and responsibility. We love the impact our apprentices create in their jobs roles and the fresh thinking they bring;
- Be supported to be career curious. Microsoft is just the beginning. When you are coming to the end of your apprentice programme we support you with our Career Connections programme to help you secure your next career opportunity.
- Paid a competitive salary.
Do you love analysing data? Have you got a strong eye for detail a love of communicating and collaborating and want to put in to use your passion of analytics and data?
If this is you then our EMEA Strategic Sales Excellence Data Analyst Apprentice job role could be for you.
To support this job role, we are offering a Level 4 Data Analyst apprenticeship for this 2-year programme.
We use the to grow the critical skills that you need in this role. You will spend time away from your job training and growing your knowledge to bring back into your job and apply all you have learnt. You will complete work-based assignments on this programme and the modules of the programme are aligned to what you will be doing in your day to day job role.
We will support and help you grow into your role.
Working in the EMEA Strategic Sales Excellence Team for Search, the role of the as the EMEA Strategic Sales Excellence Data Analyst Apprentice is to work closely with the business analyst, learning tools, processes and systems to help drive local reporting solutions as well as key initiatives to improve data accuracy and quality. The role could also heavily support our regular sales planning motions.
In addition, there is a stretch opportunity to help further facilitate data and Business Intelligence requirements driven by needs across the organisation by building net new solutions.
- Refresh and regular and additional ad-hoc reports to enable Sales
- Use reporting to develop additional business insights to drive growth
- Identify root causes where required through analysis of data
- Potentially support key sales planning motions including segmentation and book of business management and process/upload client-driven change requests
- Develop and strengthen business analytical capabilities for Rhythm of Business
- Support development of local analytics, reporting, and other data driven requirements
- Increase automation and scale of analytic resources over time
- Develop strong collaborative working relationships with Engineering, Marketing and Business Team, Global Operations and Regional Sales teams
Who should apply?
At Microsoft we are all about your potential. We love apprentices who are a self-starter’s and have initiative. Being curious, great listening skills, and a hunger to learn about our business are a must.
To be successful in the job role and on the apprenticeship programme our experience tells us that you must be highly organised with an eye for detail. You will be a problem solver who looks for patterns and is systematic and methodical. You will be an awesome organiser, as well as love building relationships internally with our teams as well as externally with our customers and partners.
Ideally you will be competent in using Microsoft solutions such as Microsoft Excel, but we can help you learn quickly if you have the right potential for the job role.
5 GCSEs A*-C including Maths and English and 3 A Levels A*-C or equivalent qualifications