Who is the course for
This course is suitable for people aged 16+ who work in low hazard environments, or where Health and Safety Executive (HSE) guidelines indicate staff should hold a certificate in emergency first aid at work. It gives learners the skills and confidence to respond to a range of accidents and first aid emergencies they could encounter in the workplace. Awarding body is FAIB.
- understand the role and responsibility of a First Aider
- assess an incident
- manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- manage an unresponsive casualty who is NOT breathing normally
- recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- manage a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- manage a casualty who is in shock
- understand how to manage a casualty with a minor injury.