Engineering Apprentice - Stevenage
- Armed Forces
- Stevenage remove
MBDA offers a four-year programme for its engineering apprentices. It is a fantastic opportunity for you to join an accredited engineering scheme that has developed some of the leading engineering apprentices in the UK.
What you will be doing
Engineering apprentices study towards a HNC and HND in Mechanical Engineering at Oaklands College in Welwyn Garden City, and work within our business on rotational placements whilst earning a competitive salary and with access to all of the company benefits. This unique way of studying allows you to earn an academic and nationally recognised qualification as well as gain hands on learning experience within a professional and friendly workplace. This programme also allows you to study towards an NVQ Level 3 in Engineering.
Placements within the business include;
- Customer Support
- Environmental engineering
- Drawing Office
As well as challenging placements you will have the opportunity to undertake developmental training:
- An induction event that allows you the opportunity to interact with fellow new-starters, and integrate into the business
- 2 x 1 week-long residential courses in Wales to develop skills, such as team working, business communication, presentation and project management skills.
- 2 day career development workshop at the end of the scheme to assist you moving from an apprentice into the business.
You’ll be provided with formal advice and guidance throughout the scheme by HR, learning & development, managers across the business and a trained mentor.
On commencing employment you will attend an induction event that allows you the opportunity to interact with fellow new-starters, and integrate into the business. You’ll be provided with formal advice and guidance throughout the scheme by Human Resources, engineering managers across the business and a trained mentor.
What are the benefits for you?
- Fully funded HNC and HND in Mechanical Engineering
- On the job training and technical support
- Fantastic opportunities to bring your technical knowledge to schools as a STEM ambassador
- A range of personal development opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- 25 paid days holiday plus all statutory and public holidays
What’s great about joining this team?
- A breadth of experience and support available which include a buddy system to welcome you into MBDA, access to the mentoring scheme and regular informal meetings with other Early Careers Programme (ECP) members and managers .
- You will be working in an assistive and collaborative open plan working environment and laboratories, aimed at aiding your learning and development.
What we are looking for from you
- Candidates must have a minimum of:
- 96 UCAS points via a BTEC Diploma in Engineering at DD level OR
- A BTC Extended Diploma in engineering at MMM level OR
- 3 A-Levels that must include Maths and another STEM subject such as Physics, Chemistry or Design & Technology
- A dedicated attitude and be comfortable taking the initiative.
- A willingness to learn and apply newly gained knowledge quickly.
- To be capable of working as part of a team and individually.
- Ability to balance workload between college and work commitments.
What you would get:
£14,250 starting salary with an annual increase of up to £4000 dependant on your performance in placements and university. Flexible working hours, paid overtime as required, 25 paid days holiday, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, company bonus schemes and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)Sign-up or log in to apply