Not taking applications
LOCATION: BURTON FACTORY
SALARY: £16,544 starting salary increasing every year, 25 days holiday-Excellent Pension, Staff Discounts.
Why not kick-start your career with the Engineering Apprenticeship at Unilever? Getting an ice cream like Magnum into the hands of a consumer in the right condition at the right time and price is very much at the heart of what we do!
The Unilever Multi-Skilled Engineering Apprenticeship is your opportunity to a career in one of our World-Class Factories.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
Our 3-year programme will allow you to become a Multi-Skilled Engineer engaged to optimize the running and maintenance of equipment within the factory. Where breakdowns occur the Multi – Skilled Engineer will act to diagnose and troubleshoot faults and where necessary will recommend design improvements.
This apprenticeship leads to BTEC Lev 3 Diploma in Engineering; NVQ Level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering Maintenance. Upon completion there is the opportunity for our apprentices to progress to higher education apprenticeship.
Our programme is externally accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology [IET].
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME:
Our apprentices follow 3-year Development Road Map which incorporates the National Apprenticeship Standard as well as the Unilever specific technology modules and personal development programme. You will gain engineering skills and get experience in a range of different Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation and Control technologies.
You'll spend the first year as a full-time student at one of our selected college providers. For the next two years, our programme requires in-house and external training courses, college block release.
- Minimum 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (A-C) or above or equivalent including English, Maths and Science / Technology / Engineering related subject (Grade 5 (B) or above in Maths is desirable); please state your predicted grade in your application if you have yet to receive your result.
- This is the next step in your career and with it comes accountability and responsibility. You will be working while you study and you will need to show you have the commitment and initiative to manage the pressures that this will bring.
- You should have a passion to succeed and an ability to meet deadlines both at work and with your studies. You should be prepared to take on challenging work outside of your comfort zone.
- Applicants must be passionate and enthusiastic about engineering.
- You’ll be an individual with plenty of drive and self-motivation who enjoys working within a team.
- You must also be eligible to work in the UK.
Start date: September 2018
Unilever is a global Fast-Moving Consumer Goods company in the UK and Ireland. We are already on target to achieve our huge ambition to double the size of our business globally whilst reducing our environmental impact. We are growing our business and also doing what is right for our consumers, community and environment. We are developing brands for people’s lives today and for the changing environment tomorrow - making sustainable living commonplace.
Working at Unilever means that you get to take part in this exciting journey and work with amazing people who are really passionate about our large portfolio of famous brands. We want to improve billions of lives and you too can join us in making a sustainable difference.
- The recruitment team will review your application.
- Candidates who are deemed suitable will be asked to complete online testing which will consist of verbal and numerical reasoning
- Based on the candidates test results you will be invited to complete a digital interview
- Upon successful completion you will be invited for an assessment day
- The assessment day will include a face to face interview along with various tests
For further information about this position please call: 0800 0284390. Please do not contact this number if you are an agency/third party. This number is strictly for candidates only.
Sign-up or log in to apply