We currently have a unique opportunity for individuals to apply to our comprehensive Multi Skilled Engineering Apprenticeship Programme. We can offer you:
- A starting salary of £16,500 per annum
- City and Guilds Level 3 Maintenance Engineering (Electrical and Mechanical)
- A laptop during the apprenticeship
- Paid accommodation and food when at Reaseheath College, Cheshire
- An on-site mentor as well as graduated apprentices to support you
- Starts 31st August 2020 at site and Sunday 27th September at college
Saputo Dairy – who are we?
Saputo Dairy UK is a producer of leading British food brands and value-added ingredients. We are committed to providing healthy, tasty and sustainable foods and to play our part in helping to improve the nation’s health. We produce a wide range of market leading brands, including Cathedral City cheese, Clover dairy spread, Country Life butter and Fry Light cooking spray. We also manufacture specialised ingredients used in infant formula.
Our engineers have accountability for maintaining and improving a whole range of our production lines and processes with real accountability for driving efficiency and reliability of our assets/machines.
About the apprenticeship
4 year academic and on the job training whilst working in partnership with Midland Group Training Services (MGTS), a leading provider in this field, and Reaseheath College based in Nantwich, Cheshire to achieve the following apprenticeship standard:
- Food and Drink Engineering Maintenance Apprenticeship level 3
- Dairy Technology and Processing
- Award in Food Safety and HACCP at level 2
- Additional six-months to complete the apprenticeship end point assessment
- College: Residential engineering training 17 weeks in year 1, 14 weeks in the second year, seven weeks in the third year and two weeks in the fourth year
- Access at Reaseheath College to the latest technology in a purpose-built training facility equipped with the very latest machinery, dairy technology and software control systems
What makes an ideal Engineering Trainee?
- 3 GCSEs to include Maths (higher) at Grade B and above (level 6) and English Grade C (level 5) and above, plus
- One A level, highly desirable
- A keen interest in developing a career within Engineering and the food industry
- Be prepared to commit to a 4 year period of study and hard work
Assessments dates are expected to be held in late May 2020.
Everything begins with passion, a legacy from the Saputo family, which offered tasty and quality cheeses to its community. Today, after more than 65 years, the company employs thousands of dedicated employees, proud of their role, who work day after day to deliver quality products to customers and consumers
Saputo Dairy UK is the trading name of Dairy Crest Limited