Engineering Apprenticeship - Solutions Design Engineer
Employer: Dematic Limited
You will develop and design new solutions, incorporating standard products and bespoke equipment to deliver the project requirements for our potential customers across the Northern Europe portfolio. Beyond this immediate challenge, you will also have to consider other factors including, but not limited to, optimal lifecycle costs, value engineering, manufacturing, installation requirements and equipment maintenance.
Key activities include:
- To interpret project layout and specification into final sales layout, under the guidance of the lead engineer
- To create detailed drawings and parts lists for equipment within scope of supply
- Where necessary to develop special and new standard products to suit specific projects and new markets
- To liaise with other departments and customers throughout the life of the sales opportunity
- To comply with the company policy as defined in the Staff Handbook, Safety Manual, and Quality Assurance Manual
Annual wage: £13,000.00
Working week: Stage 1: 37 hours/week Monday to Friday.
Stage 2: 37.5 hours/week. Various patterns depending on work placement, including weekend and night working in some instances. (Shifts TBC)
Total hours per week: 37.50
Expected duration: 48 months
Possible start date: 07 September 2020
- Be able to take ownership to make decisions
- Have a can – do results orientated attitude
- Willing to study hard on one of the industry’s most advanced Apprenticeship Schemes
- Be a true team player
- To be able to take on a sometime physically demanding role
- To be eligible to apply you must have a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade 9-5 (A*-C+) including English, mathematics and a Science; or equivalent qualifications.