PETA Training are looking to source an exceptional Engineering Fitter (Electromechanical) Apprentice for a world-leading innovator of high performance ductless laboratory safety solutions.
You will learn about all aspects of our business before focusing on the manufacturing processes on site where you learn fabrication and assembly skills in our pre-paint area. You will then move into the finishing area where you will build assemblies completing modifications and adjustments ensuring they are correct, and then complete final tests.
As a Engineering Fitter (Electromechanical) Apprentice, you will be offered:
- Progression and development opportunities
- Support through further professional development
- Career pathways for the right candidates
- Excellent rewards with performance related pay structure
About the role
Joining the business as a Engineering Fitter (Electromechanical) Apprentice, you will:
- Learn about all aspects of the business
- Become competent fabricating enclosures to customer drawings
- Learn how to dry build the assemblies, ensuring that they are dimensionally correct
- Undertake quality checks to ensure that the all parts are correct prior to painting
- Become competent completing final build of assemblies, final fitting both electrical and mechanical components to specifications
- Complete adjustments and modifications of components and assemblies to ensure fit and presentation
- Learn how to undertake final performance tests and complete Bigneat documentation
Auto-enrolled into the Company pension scheme after qualification period 20 days holiday plus bank holidays Free parking on site Become a valued member of our successful team
The company is located in Waterlooville you must be able to get yourself onsite, on time, reliably This is a production orientated business teamwork takes priority Wage will rise to £12K following a successful first 6-months The company wants you to buy into their work philosophy being keen and enthusiastic is more important your current level of skill/knowledge Please note all applicants will be required to attend a pre-entry interview with PETA before an application can be progressed. The National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £4.15 per hour. This applies to 16-18-year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Wage for apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training. Please be aware that this rate changes every year on 1 April and reference should be made to www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates for further information.
To be considered for the Engineering Fitter (Electromechanical) Apprentice position, you must have:
- Minimum of 4 GCSEs or equivalent (incl. maths, English) at Grade A* - C / 4 - 9
- Excellent communications skills are required as this job entails daily contact with all personnel and the supervisory and management team
- This will include written communication skills enabling you to complete documentation
- You will be able to explain problems and how they were dealt with clearly and concisely
- Awareness of health and safety considerations
- Once trained you will be able to work effectively when supervised, with the flexibility to work on your own initiative when required
- Good eyesight and hand to eye coordination
- You must be able to work flexibly in respect of requirements of the post
- Commit to further training and personal development
- You will demonstrate an interest in Bigneat and the wider manufacturing industry
- Willing to work flexible hours
- BTEC or relevant Engineering training or qualification is desirable
Bigneat is a world-leading innovator of high-performance ductless laboratory safety solutions. Their equipment is used for protection in laboratories undertaking research, experimentation and measurement in a range of sectors including chemistry, drug discovery and education. They are establishing an apprenticeship that will provide them with a pipeline of talent enabling them to future proof the business and proactively deal with skills gaps.
If you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Engineering Fitter (Electromechanical) Apprentice, we want to hear from you. Click APPLY below.