PETA Training are looking to source an exceptional Technical Apprentice for a marine decking business in Chichester.
You will learn about all aspects of the business before focusing on the organisation of processes on site where you’ll learn about the manufacturing and office-based skills you will need. You will then move into the office-based support role, taking orders, generating documentation, fitting templates and making sure that all materials are available
As a Engineering Installation Fitter Apprentice, you will become a valued member of our successful team
About the role
Joining the team as a Engineering Installation Fitter Apprentice, you will:
- Learn about all aspects of the business
- Obtain and follow the correct documentation, specifications and work instructions
- Complete appropriate documentation accurately, efficiently and legibly using the correct terminology where required
- Undertake quality checks to ensure that the all parts materials are correct
- Select and use appropriate tools, equipment and materials to carry out the manufactruing process
- Deal appropriately with any problems that may occur within the manufacturing environment within the limits of their responsibility
Progression routes within the company for the right candidate Excellent rewards with performance related pay structure
The company is located in Chichester, you must be able to get yourself onsite, on time, reliably. You will be required to attend PETA’s Havant training centre for off-the-job training. The majority of your development training will be completed with your employer at your place of work. You will be employed whilst you are completing your apprenticeship this will include 12 months of day release training at PETA Ltd where you will complete your Level 2 Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence) qualification. This will include: • Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements • Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment • Using and communicating technical information • Producing components using hand fitting techniques • Maintaining mechanical devices and equipment • Maintaining electrical equipment/systems • Assembly and Testing Electronic Circuits
To be considered for the Engineering Installation Fitter Apprentice, you will have the following skills:
- You must be detail orientated and organised
- Good written communication skills enabling you to complete documentation.
- You will be able to explain problems and how they were dealt with clearly and concisely
- Awareness of health and safety considerations.
Minimum of 2 GCSEs or equivalent (inc Maths and English Language) at Grade C (4) or above
MCP are a small and dedicated team focused on supporting their apprentices helping them to learn the skills that will enable them to become a success. They are motivated to develop and expand their business and to do this they need focused high-quality people.
If you have the skills and attributes required to excel in the role of Engineering Installation Fitter Apprentice, we want to hear from you. Click APPLY below.