If you have a great eye for detail, enjoy working to schedules and resolving problems then the role of Engineering Technician Apprentice is for you.
You will be working in the design team undertaking the original design of electrical systems and associated hardware. This opportunity is in a fast-paced environment requiring excellent communication skills and good team working skills.
PETA Training are looking to source an exceptional Technical Apprentice for one of the world leaders in combustion technology. This is an exciting opportunity to learn how to design , develop and build combustion products.
About the role
As a Engineering Technician Apprentice, you will:
- Gain an understanding of the technical aspects of the design teams’ activities
- Learn about how combustion systems and controls work
- Become competent using 2D design software software
- Learn how to undertake the design and modifications to a range of SAACKE products.
- Learn how to complete supporting documentation
- Eventually become able to support the development of procedures and processes to improve the efficiency of the design area
- Become competent in monitoring processes using root cause analysis and problem-solving tools to effectively resolve issues
- Learn how to identify cost effective interventions to solve problems
- Become responsible in accordance with scheduled requirements and effectively communicate any changes to internal customers
- Learn how to make a contribution to a range of projects and work collaboratively within the engineering team
- Attend college / PETA and complete coursework on time and to the required standard
- Take on additional responsibility in years 2, 3 and 4
Training to be delivered:
Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
During the foundation phase (18-months day release) you will complete a Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering (Foundation Competence) at the PETA Ltd Engineering Training Centre in Havant (5-minute walk from Havant Railway Station), consisting of the following units:
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
- Using and communicating technical information
- Producing CAD models (drawings) using a CAD system
- Conducting business improvement activities
- General machining, fitting and assembly applications
- Maintaining mechanical devices and equipment
- Maintaining electrical equipment/systems
- Assembling and testing electronic circuits
- General welding applications
- You will then pass through the foundation Gateway and progress onto your Level 3 development programme and complete:
- A BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing (Development Knowledge), requiring two years of day release and a Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Technician (Development Competence), completed within the workplace
• Become a valued member of a highly skilled team • Progression and development opportunities • Support through HE qualifications • Career pathways for the right candidates • Excellent rewards with performance related pay structure
The company are located in Havant, you must be able to get yourself here reliably. • Auto-enrolled into the Company pension scheme after qualification period and aged 22+ • 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (3 days to be taken at Christmas) • Free parking on site • Onsite restroom with kitchen facilities
To be considered for the Engineering Technician Apprentice, you will have the following skills:
- Have good communication skills
- You will be organised and work in a tidy, professional manner
- Have an excellent attention to detail
- You will possess good interpersonal and written skills
- Have good numerical, logical, organisational and analytical skills
- You will be computer literate
Once trained you will be able to work effectively when supervised, with the ability to work on your own initiative when required
You will have a flexible approach with the ability to think on your feet.
A genuine interest in design with aspiration to become an engineering specialist
You must be able to work flexibly in respect of the requirements of the post
Commit to further training and personal development
You will demonstrate an interest in Saacke and the wider manufacturing industry
Minimum of 4 GCSE's or equivalent (to include Maths, Science and English Language at grade C (4) or above
BTEC or relevant engineering qualification is desirable
A level qualifications or equivalent in relevant subject including Maths or Science will be looked upon favourably
SAACKE is a leading Industrial and Commercial burner manufacturer and service provider. The business has an ongoing need for highly skilled engineers. The company have established a pipeline of apprentices as part of their talent management plan.
If you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Engineering Technician Apprentice, we want to hear from you. Click APPLY below.