Engineering Technician Apprenticeship- Broughton
Start date: September 2020
Closing date for applications: 1st March 2020
Launch an exciting career by joining our Airbus Apprenticeship Programme! Our Apprentices receive second to none training, gaining the necessary skills, knowledge and experience to enable you to make an immediate contribution when you enter the workforce. An Airbus Craft Apprenticeship offers you the opportunity to gain qualifications with no fees, whilst acquiring new skills through vocational training, and a regular salary.
As an Engineering Technician Apprentice at Airbus you will work with our excellent Early Careers Programme Managers who will guide you to follow one of the following exciting Apprenticeship paths;
- The Electrical Maintenance Programme, working to gain a NVQ Level 3 Extended Diploma (in Engineering Maintenance), plus a National Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering and an HNC in Engineering (Electrical and Electronic Pathway).
- The Mechanical Maintenance pPogramme, working to gain a NVQ Level 3 Extended Diploma (in Engineering Maintenance), plus a National Diploma in Engineering and an HNC in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering Pathway).
Your first year on either of these Engineering Technical Apprenticeship Programmes will be spent with our Educational Partner, Coleg Cambria (Deeside Campus) completing an initial Level 2 NVQ in Performing Engineering Operations; learning about manufacturing and engineering operations, developing manufacturing hand skills, and achieving a number of technical certificates and company required qualifications. Upon completion of our 48 month Programme you can expect to be qualified as a skilled Electrical or Mechanical Maintenance Fitter.
During your time in the Airbus factory as an Engineering Technician Apprentice you can expect to work within all of the Broughton production areas and may include activities such as;
- Maintaining and supporting the production machinery, jigs and tooling;
- Turning, milling, and grinding to carry out the repair of Jigs and fixtures;
- Responding to asset breakdowns;
- Ensure that the PPM plan is carried out to a high competent level and in a safe efficient manner.
As an Apprentice on the Mechanical or Electrical Maintenance pathway, your training will develop your ability to demonstrate effective troubleshooting on all plant assets including automated manufacturing systems, multi axis machining centres and treatments plants. Whilst day to day fault diagnosing within a highly competent team you will maintain technical specialist equipment, such as programmable logic controllers (PLC), computerised systems and robotic devices.
In order to be eligible for this exciting Apprenticeship opportunity, you must have a minimum of either:
- Five GCSE’s including Grade B or 6 in Maths, Grade C or 4/5 in English Language and Science, plus other subjects at grade C or 4
- GCSE’s at Grade C or 4/5 in Maths and English Language, plus a BTEC L3 Diploma in an Engineering discipline
We can consider other qualifications such as Engineering BTEC Level 2, or an Engineering Diploma as an alternative to two GCSEs. Alternative qualifications must be in addition to the core GCSE subjects stated above.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
One application: Make It Possible, Make It Happen, Make It ...Count!
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments to allow you to access and participate fully in the recruitment process. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email Apprentices@airbus.com. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.