Are you passionate about technology? Want to get the best start to your digital career?
Get fast-tracked into a ground-breaking career an IT Consultant working with innovative organisations like TalkTalk, Google, Santander, Amazon partners and the government clients. You’ll build in-demand skills specialising in one of the following advanced, cutting-edge technologies such as Software Development, DevOps, Robotic Process Automation, Cloud Native or Pega. Every day you’ll use specialised technology to power organisations into the future.
We’re looking for passionate techies – whether you’ve studied tech, got tech experience or want to get into the industry and have learnt to code in your spare time.
Although this role is advertised with a specific location you would need to be geographically flexible and willing to relocate anywhere in the UK.
What’s in store
- Training from seriously clever mentors
Software solutions power organisations. The software you’ll specialise in is high in demand, but low in supply. You’ll master it with training at our 12-week consulting academy in Manchester’s technology hub. You’ll also develop your business expertise so you can be a successful consultant.
- Your career in digital consulting
After your training you’ll work with one of our customers on their site – anywhere in the country.
- Push yourself and your career further
Learning with QA doesn’t stop after 12 weeks. We encourage you to continually learn and challenge yourself technically – so you can fulfil your potential.
What’s the job like
As an IT consultant at QA, you’ll empower our customers to develop and support their solutions – so they can be self-sufficient adopters of the latest technologies.
You’ll bring your technical expertise to the customer, wherever they are. You’ll help them to develop and maintain cutting-edge solutions, so they remain competitive.
Perfect your consulting skills to a high standard and professional level, ready to work with our prestigious customers.
- Our training is currently virtual but when we are able to reopen our Academy you will be offered free accommodation or a monthly bursary to help you relocate to Manchester’s technology hub – MediaCityUK for any remaining training
- Industry-recognised certifications to boost your employability and promotability (if certifications apply to your specialism)
- Competitive salary of £23,500 post-training (if you’re based in London this will increase to £26,500)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Regular social events (like technical talks and hackathons)
- Continued support to help you fulfil your potential – you’ll keep advancing your technical skills throughout your career with QA
What we need from you
- A genuine passion for technology – you must demonstrate this on your CV. What have you done in your spare time, as well as your qualifications/experience? Have you learnt to code? Have you done any free online training? Have you built a website?
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn tonnes of new skills and new technologies
- Excited at the prospect of living and working somewhere new – part of the job is working wherever the customer is
- A go-getter with a can-do attitude
- You must be eligible to be able to apply for UK Security Clearance
- You must have qualifications equivalent to A Level/Level 3/BTEC or above (Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree)
Not a must, but we’d certainly like…
- Any other relevant qualifications, ideally in a technical subject.
- Experience of one of the following programming languages (whether that’s in a job, in education or in your spare time): Python, Java, C# or C++.
- Basic knowledge of Linux.
We will consider applications from a non-technical background if you show aptitude, passion and enthusiasm for learning technology skills.
Supercharge your digital career. Click the link and apply now.
QA values and diversity
We’re an equal opportunity employer. We are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It’s QA policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.