Environment & Sustainability Apprentice
Qualifications needed Minimum 5 GCSEs at Grade A-C or equivalent - two of which in must be in Mathematics and English
Closing Date applications are open until 27th April 2020, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
Take a look at what we do:
Balfour Beatty Rail UK has an extensive legacy of rail expertise. Our teams safely deliver complex projects from consultancy and design to all aspects of construction and maintenance. Using advanced plant and machinery and unique innovations, we provide end-to-end solutions for our customers.
We are here to improve the passengers experience and our teams create better journeys by increasing network capacity, improving reliability and making our railways more efficient and sustainable. We combine a deep understanding of our customers objectives with a broad range of expertise that deliver innovative engineering, advanced digital technology and industry leading safety.
Each day our projects change peoples lives and communities for the better, and each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our vibrant and ever changing business.
Salary & Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
Your responsibilities as an Environment and Sustainability Apprentice:
- Assist the Health, Safety, Environment and Sustainability team in developing material for HSES induction and training.
- Provision of accurate cyclical Environment and Sustainability performance reports across the organisation.
- Attendance and participation in internal project meetings.
- Assist the production of environmental impact assessments
- Participation in working groups, bespoke projects and cultural change programmes.
- Assisting in the reporting of accidents, incidents and close calls using bespoke in-house systems.
- Undertake Environmental site inspections and completion of subsequent reports, ensuring where required, follow-up of corrective actions are undertaken.
- Use of Microsoft applications (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint) to compose and update documents.
Who were looking for:
It goes without saying that you will have a passion for the Environment.
Were looking for people who embody our values, arent afraid to challenge, innovate, show true initiative, and move at a fast pace.
Minimum 5 GCSEs at Grade A-C or equivalent - two of which in must be in Mathematics and English
Essential personal attributes:
- You will have a basic knowledge of MS packages including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- You will have a keen interest in construction and infrastructure with good attention to detail.
- You will have a have a friendly, flexible approach to your working day and a willingness to work with and support colleagues.
- You will have an enthusiastic, engaged attitude and eagerness to learn and develop personally and professionally.
About the role:
We have a new exciting opportunity to work as an Environment & Sustainability Apprentice working as part of a highly motivated, dynamic and professional Health, Safety, Environment and Sustainability team. This role with give you the opportunity to work for a market leading company, whilst gaining valuable skills and practical experience to ensure you develop to your full potential throughout the apprenticeship.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
Balfour Beatty offers a comprehensive on the job training programme in Environment & sustainability with practical exposure to a diverse portfolio of exciting and complex projects, together with the opportunity to work towards an IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management.
As a Balfour Beatty apprentice, you will be provided with access to a network of resources to support your development, which will include a dedicated mentor with extensive expertise within the Rail sector.
Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, we will seek to provide further opportunities which support your career development.