Role Title: Environmental Apprentice Degree Level South East 2020
Required qualifications: 2 A-levels (one in science or geography) or a relevant Advanced Apprenticeship
Closing Date applications are open until 27th April 2020; however we reserve the right to remove adverts at any time.
About Balfour Beatty and what we do:
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you based in the South East.
Take a look at what we do at:
Balfour Beatty is the UKs largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change peoples lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and youll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role:
This is an opportunity to join our existing Highways team as an Environmental Apprentice at degree level.
The successful candidate will assist on environmental and sustainability matters for our Highways contract by working closely with the project team and providing appropriate technical advice, guidance and support. Assist the team with environmental and sustainability Business Management System (BMS) queries and provide appropriate support. Research topics and draft responses as requested to support work winning activities on environment and sustainability, (including social value) for bids. Maintain our sustainability action plan and actively contribute to learning, sharing and best practice.
Our apprenticeship programme recognises the importance of giving meaningful and challenging work, so you can expect to be immersed in real activities and given responsibilities from the outset. As your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility; working with experts who will share their knowledge, provide support and give invaluable feedback so you never stop learning. You will be part of a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
What you'll be doing:
- Support delivery of UK and Group Zero Harm action plans
- Assist projects/contracts on environmental and sustainability matters by working closely with the HSES team and providing appropriate technical advice, guidance and support
- Contribute to the Strategic Business Unit Sustainability action plan and translate policies, standards & targets for the local sectors/ delivery units
- Support the development and management of Involved/sustainability management plans
- Support the delivery of the sustainability performance management and reporting for the designated work area, analysing trends to build improvement
- Ensure sustainability data from projects is uploaded onto the sustainability portal on a monthly basis
- Support innovative work winning by undertaking research on specific E&S topics as required.
- Undertake trend and data analysis as required
What we're looking for:
- Good attention to detail and ensure your work is accurate
- An eagerness to learn and develop in different parts of a business in an office-based role
- Have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Be comfortable with and interested in working with numbers
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Be team focused
What youll need:
- 2 A-levels (inc one in science or geography) or a relevant Advanced Apprenticeship
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.