Equine and Farriery Study
We offer fabulous on-site equestrian facilities for students at Moreton Morrell including a new Equine Therapy and Rehabilitation Centre.
Moreton Morrell's equine provision includes:
- Stabling for over 100 horses
- 60 well schooled, competitive horses - livery options available
- Grazing enclosures – totalling 50 hectares
- Indoor arena – 60 X 25m silica sand and rubber surface with a gallery and seating for 286 people.
- Covered manege – 65 X 25m Ideal as a collecting ring
- Outdoor manege – 100 X 40m silica surface – one of the largest in the UK
- BSJA standard show jumps
- Cross-country schooling fences
- British eventing cross country course.
Our students have access to all of these facilities if they are studying an equine related course.
We also have access to on and off site including:
- Equine therapy and rehabilitation unit
- Equine dentistry
- Laboratory services including – bacteriology, biochemistry, haematology and parasitology
- Diagnostic and imaging services including – ultrasanography, endoscopy and thermography
- Human and equine osteopathy, chiropractic, physiotherapy and sports massage.
These are mainly used by higher education students, although further education students will be introduced to these areas in their studies.
Level 2 and 3 courses and apprenticeships available in:
- Horse Care
- Horse Management