Our Estates team undertake a range of activities including site security, routine maintenance, decorating, occasional moving and handling of heavy objects, lifting, ensuring the site is kept clean and safe and providing a general porterage service to the school sites as well as all aspects of grounds maintenance.
This Traineeship work experience is part of an education and training programme that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core is the Work Preparation training, English and maths for those who need it, and a high quality work experience placement.
Traineeships help unlock your great potential and give you the work preparation training, maths, English, Digital Skills and work experience needed to get an Apprenticeship or other job.
This Traineeship Opportunity is unwaged.
Are you eligible?
- Are you currently not in a job? Do you have little or no work experience?
- Are you aged 16 to 24 and qualified below Level 4?
Your day-to-day tasks may include but not limited to:-
- Carrying out day-to-day maintenance and minor repairs
- Making sure that heating, lighting and alarm systems are working properly
- Making sure that doors and windows are locked when the building is not in use
- Checking the premises to guard against vandalism or break-ins
- Opening up the building in the morning and locking it at the end of the day
- Arranging chairs and tables for meetings/exams and clearing away afterwards
- Accepting deliveries and routing mail
- Grass cutting
- Setting out of sports pitches
- Upkeep of shrub borders
Training to be provided
This Traineeship opportunity includes work preparation training and a high-quality work experience placement.
- Employability including CV and interview skills
- Help with confidence
- Prevent training
- Practical experience
- Functional Skills maths and English support for those who require it and a high quality work experience placement
- This Traineeship opportunity includes work preparation training
- There will be progression onto a paid 6 month job role for an outstanding candidate
- 6 weeks
For this role you will need:
- GCSE Passes in English and maths and/or equivalent level 1 and 2 qualifications
- Basic IT skills
- Good communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a strong work ethic
- Can take the initiative to deal with problems as they arise
- Has a friendly, patient approach