Facilities Apprentice - Chase High School
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Facility Services
The successful candidate will be working alongside our Site Team who take pride in looking after our school ensuring that we provide a safe, clean and pleasant environment in which our children can learn. Tasks will include:
- Ensuring that access is available to those persons who are making deliveries or carrying out repairs.
- Assisting in fire drills, in line with the school policy.
- Changing light bulbs, tubes, starters, fuses and plugs.
- Sweeping hard areas and emptying rubbish bins.
- Ensuring that all-hard areas, paths, and fields are free from litter, weeds and debris.
- Clearing rubbish from around the central bin area and ensuring that it is kept clean and tidy. Washing the bins as requested and reporting any signs of vermin to the Site Manager.
- Ensuring that chairs are laid out for assembly, and lunchtime when needed, and cleared away promptly.
- Setting up rooms as required for meetings, parents evenings and examinations.
- Cleaning blocked drains sinks, urinals, toilet pans etc.
- Effecting repairs to toilet seats, gates, locks, door handles, door hinges, school furniture, toilet cisterns/ball cocks, coat hooks, shelves, taps, drinking fountains, etc under the guidance of the Site team.
- Undertaking painting and decorating tasks under the guidance of the Site team.
- Locking and unlocking the windows, gates, doors around the site as required.
- Reporting damage/vandalism to the Site Manager for action.
- Spot cleaning graffiti in corridors.
- Reporting to line manager at weekly meeting.
- Assisting other site staff as required.
- Porterage duties in connection with all school use.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Hardworking, reliable, friendly and enthusiastic.
- GCSE, or equivalent, grade C/4 or Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths.
- PROCAT will determine your suitability at an interview.