Facilities Management Apprentice - London
Not taking applications
- Voluntary and Charity
- London remove
About the role
We’re looking for a motivated and enthusiastic apprentice to join our Buildings, Environment and Workplace team as a Facilities Management Apprentice.
During your time in this role, you will complete the British Institute of Facilities Management apprenticeship programme.
This apprenticeship will give you:
- experience supporting a range of teams in this department, building key relationships across Wellcome
- practical experience running our Wellcome CAFM (computer-aided facilities management) system
- broad experience working on a range of projects across different areas, with the opportunity to make a genuine contribution to critical projects
To be successful, you will need to have:
- a genuine interest in buildings, environment and workplace services
- a strong commitment to successfully completing the apprenticeship
- a positive attitude towards teamwork and the ability to work well with others
- ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with customers to resolve enquiries, both orally and in writing
- a high standard of reliability and time keeping
- a strong level of perseverance and resilience to cope with challenging work
- GCSE (or equivalent) standard of English, maths, and either a science or a technical subject
- experience working with MS software applications (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
A qualification in a technical or design subject at GCSE or equivalent would be beneficial but not essential, as would a general understanding of health and safety in the workplace and the ability to flexibly adapt to changing demands.
Wellcome exists to improve health for everyone by helping great ideas to thrive.
We’re a global charitable foundation, both politically and financially independent. We support scientists and researchers, take on big problems, fuel imaginations, and spark debate.
Wellcome isn't just a supporter of great ideas; it's a great place to work. We offer excellent benefits and help our employees to develop in an open, respectful culture where differences are valued. We value talented people from diverse backgrounds who help to make our vision a reality.
If you are passionate about our work and eager to gain an apprenticeship and experience in this sector, then we’d like to hear from you.
Interview dates: TBC
Start date: February/ March 2018
Contract: Fixed-term (18 months)
Sign-up or log in to apply