Fairbridge Personal Development Programme with a residential trip!
- Employment & Training
- Work Experience/Interns
- Outdoor Pursuits
- Employability Skills
What is the Fairbridge Personal Development Programme?
- A programme designed to boost confidence, gain skills in team work and communication, and get access to up to 6 months of mentoring to support you towards your own goals.
- The programme revolves around providing personal development opportunities through an entry week of team building and a calendar of follow on workshops.
What do you do on the programme?
- The ‘Access week’ helps to motivate young people through a mix of team building, adventurous activities (such as rock climbing and canoeing) and a 2 night residential.
- The follow on calendar of workshops is the main part of the programme and these cover everything from employability skills and qualifications through to life skills and confidence boosting activities.
Fairbridge offers more flexibility and choice to lead your own personal development alongside their Fairbridge staff mentor, who you will work with closely during additional one-to-one sessions. We help young people move into employment, training, apprenticeships and more. We normally spend between 80 and 100 hours supporting each young person on Fairbridge. However, if more sessions are required then that can be provided.
Who is eligible?
Fairbridge is available for all young people between 16 and 25 who are NEET (or in education under 12hrs per week.)
We can provide bespoke support for children in care and care leavers and also have a wealth of experience supporting young people with mental health issues. However, we also support young people who simply just need a confidence boost to help move them into a positive outcome – we are an inclusive programme!
- Induction Date: This is an hour long one-to-one session to go through the programme with a Fairbridge staff member in a bit more detail. It takes place at our centre on Victoria Street.
- Group Taster Day: This is an opportunity for the group to break the ice and find out more about their Fairbridge journey at our centre. Not compulsory but highly recommended.
- Wednesday 5th December 11-1pm
- Wednesday 16th January 11-1pm
- Wednesday 6th February 11-1pm
- Wednesday 27th February 11-1pm
- Access Week: An exciting week of adventurous activities with a 2 night stay in either Wales or the Forest of Dean. Plus an entry level qualification. Young people must complete this week in order to move onto the follow on workshops.
- Monday 10th – Friday 14th December.
- Monday 21st – Friday 24th January
- Monday 11th – Friday 15th February
- Monday 4th – Friday 8th March
Sign-up or log in to apply