FCA (Financial Conduct Authority)- Business Analyst Apprenticeship
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Higher Apprenticeship
- Accounting & Tax
- Business & Admin
- Banking and Finance
- London remove
We are currently seeking a confident and enthusiastic individual to participate in an FCA DataSprint, a team based 2-day hackathon. The individual will work within teams of existing FCA analysts and data scientists to address some of the organisation’s most interesting data challenges.
- Working with Business Analysts and Data Scientists to help analyse large data sets and trends, using structured analysis and data modelling
- Performing data imports and exports
- Use critical thinking to contribute to team discussions on how to best present data, offering recommendations for changes and improvements
- Support on preparing presentation materials for a wider audience
Our RegTech team sits within the Strategy & Competition division.
Technology plays as increasingly fundamental role in financial services and acts as a catalyst for change and innovation. We aim to encourage people and institutions from across financial services to work together to generate ideas and concepts to solve common industry problems through the use of technology.
There are 3 main strands of RegTech:
- The use of technology to support and aid the 56,000 regulated firms in meeting compliance requirements and obligations;
- The monitoring and supervising of regulated firms through the use of advanced analytic technologies (AI, Machine Learning, Graph Analytics) to regulatory processes;
- Re-architecting parts of the regulatory system with a focus on technology enabled systems at its very foundation.
Through our position as a RegTech thought leader we act as a convenor and catalyst for change, encouraging industry innovation, adoption and collaboration to address the complexity and costs of regulation in new and creative ways.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; any experience in presenting is a bonus
- Someone who is interested in computing and is eager to learn more about data science techniques
- Someone who enjoys working as part of a team
- Self-motivated individual with a positive and fun outlook
- Enthusiastic to learn more about the FCA and the inner working of an industry regulator
Location: London, E14 5HSApplication closed