This programme is continually being reinvented to reflect the dynamic nature of the business and management sector. It will help you to progress your career or get your foot on the management ladder.
Our lecturers have industry experience and an extensive range of industry links and contacts to enhance your learning experience and develop your commercial awareness.
This programme aims to meet the complex and organic needs of the business sector, by providing appropriately trained, qualified and certified staff at supervisory levels with the requisite knowledge and understanding of business organisations from a variety of sectors.
You will develop the skills and knowledge to allow you to work across various functions of a business. Upon completion of the course, you will be able to demonstrate innovative thinking coupled with cognitive and intellectual competencies specific to business management, and ethical practice.
At Level 4, you will study the following:
- Personal Professional Development 1
- Innovation and Enterprise
- Managing People
- Business Environment
- Sales and Marketing
- Leading People
- Events management.
At Level 5, you will study the following:
- Personal Professional Development 2
- Work Related Learning
- Business Finance
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Developing Collaborative Relationships
- Digital Technologies.
Monday: 5pm-8.30pm Wednesday: 6pm-8.30pm
*Days and times of study are subject to change. Timetables are confirmed at the start of term.
UCAS tariff points: 32
Standard entry criteria:
- Three GCSEs at a minimum of grade C (4), including maths and English (or Level 2 equivalent)
- Minimum of 32 UCAS Tariff Points (80 UCAS on previous tariff)
- Level 3 Accredited Business Qualification
- An Access to Higher Education course (which includes a business related programme)
- IELTS score of 5.5
- You must be in full-time employment to access this programme.
Additional entry criteria:
You are still welcome to apply even if you do not possess the standard entry qualifications. Non-standard entry criteria includes the following:
- Qualifications in non-business management-related areas at Level 3.
- No Level 3 qualifications but evidence of employer references that can support an application with any relevant working experience.
- A personal statement.
- A one-to-one interview.
What next after FdA Business & Management?
You could progress to a top-up degree in a related subject area, at New College Durham, to achieve a full honours degree.
Alternatively, you could use the knowledge and transferable skills you have gained through your foundation degree to progress your existing career, or as a stepping stone to a career in banking and the financial sectors, human resource management, marketing or consultancy roles. Good business and management skills are in demand in companies all over the world!