This programme is an industry focused qualification that aims to prepare you for work in a variety of roles within the film and media industry.
It is designed to meet the needs of local industry, and provide learners with an understanding of professional practice, research and innovation. We liaise closely with screen agencies and industry practitioners to provide you with the up-to-date skills and training required by employers in this dynamic sector.
This exciting programme aims to educate and train new entrants into the creative media sector by germinating specialist technical skills and facilitating an understanding of professional practice, research and innovation.
You will have the opportunity to work independently and focus on your own career aspirations and specialist technical pathways. You will also develop professional skills, as well as considering the higher skills associated with leadership, strategy and innovation. These skills will be encouraged and explored through industry focused teaching and learning and engagement with ‘live’ projects and work experience.
UCAS tariff points:
To gain entry to the programme, you will be required to satisfy the standard or non-standard entry requirements.
Standard entry criteria:
- 4 GCSE passes at grade C (grade 4) or above
- Ideally, the above will include maths and English (or equivalent qualifications) or a commitment to study GCSE maths and English alongside the programme.
- International applicants require a minimum 5.5 IELTS in English.
- You will hold a BTEC National Qualification, A-Levels or equivalent in a relevant subject, or a total of at least 80 UCAS tariff points.
- An impressive personal statement and appropriate references.
If you would like to gain access through non-standard entry requirements, please contact us.
What next after FdA Film & Media Production?
You could progress to a top-up degree to gain a full honours degree in a relevant subject.
Alternatively, you could gain employment in the film and media industry, for example, working freelance or working for a production company.