This programme aims to equip you with the knowledge and creative skills required to successfully develop a career within visual arts.
You will focus on your preferred specialist discipline within art and design such as fine art, digital photography, textile design, multimedia, interior design, illustration, or take a broad and inventive approach to develop a diverse portfolio. The course will nurture creativity and support concept development to a level where you can seek employment, engage in self-employment or undertake further study.
Opportunities for external work placements generally arise during your second year of study due to the level of skill required by employers.
Aims are as followed:
- Advance the development of professional, innovative and creative outcomes in a supportive learning environment
- Evidence academic activity that underpins learning within the creative industries
- Enhance creative skills within a work-related context that supports the acquisition of transferable and professional skills relevant to employment or further study in the creative industries.
UCAS tariff points: 240
Standard entry requirements are as followed:
- You will be working towards, or have attained, a Level 5 qualification (HND/ FdSc/ international equivalent 120 ECTS credits) in a related discipline.
- All external applicants must be interviewed with an art and design based portfolio (international applicants via internet/email respectfully)
- Evidence of digital literacy within portfolio to meet the needs of Level 6
- To have or be working towards Level 2 or equivalent in maths and English Language (or a minimum 5.5 IELTS in each band for international applicants).
What next after FdA Visual Arts?
Progress to further study with BA (Hons) top-up Visual Arts. Explore visual art forms such as drawing, painting, sculpture, crafts, printmaking, and photography, and gain the skills and knowledge necessary to pursue a career in this exciting industry.