This programme will give you the knowledge and skills to explore diverse health and social care issues. We will not only provide you with the theories behind health and social care, we will also give you valuable work experience through placements to put the theory you have learnt into practice.
It will help you to develop into a higher level qualified practitioners that is compassionate and critically reflective. There are lots of rewarding career opportunities in this sector, which involve helping people achieve a better standard of life.
The aims of the Foundation Degree in Applied Health and Social Care (Adults) (FdSc) are to provide students with an academic and vocationally-oriented curriculum that establishes a firm understanding of the concept of health and social care in a contemporary society. Furthermore this programme meets employer demand for higher level qualified practitioners that are compassionate and critically reflective and will enable students to develop their academic, personal and professional potential into employment within the local and regional health and social care sector.
Upon successful completion of Level 4 students will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of key concepts and the principles of Health and Social Care.
- Demonstrate qualities, skills and attributes of a compassionate and reflective practitioner.
- Review assesses, evaluate and interpret secondary data and apply their learning to Health and Social Care practice.
- Demonstrate an understanding of care management and strategic drivers in Health and Social Care.
- Review and assess evidenced based approaches to Health and Social practice.
- Identify the structure, organisation and function of the human body.
Upon successful completion of Level 5 students will be able to:
- Evaluate Health and Social Care practice and apply theoretical knowledge to practice.
- Critically reflect on Personal and Professional Practices.
- Appraise the processes associated with the Safeguarding Adults and Children.
- Analyse the nature and importance of Leadership and Management within the Health and Social Care sector.
- Evaluate the process of Assessing and Managing Risk including Safeguarding and Health and Safety within Health and Social Care organisations.
- Evaluate the care of Dementia: Supporting Individuals, Carers and Families or Supporting People in End of Life Care.