Ferrero Thornton’s- Multi Skilled Engineer Apprenticeship - Cheshire/Derbyshire
Ferrero Thornton’s is one of the UK’s leading confectionary food manufacturer and retailer. We are looking for the next generation of talented Engineers to join our ever-growing team.
Working under supervision you will work towards becoming responsible for the following tasks:
- Plan and prepare for maintenance of engineered systems in the food and drink industry
- Understand and apply food & drink principles to your role
- Perform first line routine mechanical maintenance, including removing and replacing components, cleaning, lubrication, inspection and fault finding
- Apply ‘best practice’ techniques, including condition monitoring and proactive maintenance
- Maintain fluid power systems
- Perform first line electrical & mechanical maintenance, including testing, fault finding, repairing and replacing components
- Apply mathematical techniques to solve engineering problems
- Understand the principles of electrical machines, testing electrical equipment and circuits
- Understand the operation of process controllers within an engineered system
- Commission and perform maintenance of instrumentation/process control systems
- Perform maintenance of programmable control systems
- Understand the requirements of electrical installations
- Carry out any other reasonable requests to meet the needs of the business
- Ensure that all Health and Safety standards are maintained and that you show due diligence at all times
What does the apprenticeship involve?
Over the course of the four year apprenticeship, you will work as part of an engineering team learning the engineering skills required to successfully support the operation of our production departments, working to high safety and quality standards.
You will study in parallel to your ‘on the job training’ and development, the ‘off the job training’ will take place at Reaseheath College Nantwich, Cheshire CW5 6DF (accommodation costs will be paid). The Reaseheath training will be delivered in block release, 19 weeks in year one, 14 weeks in year two and 8 weeks in years three and four.
What do you need?
To be considered for our Apprenticeship scheme you will need a minimum of:
- Five GCSEs, or equivalent, including Maths, English and science preferably at grade "B" or grade 6 or higher.
- Attained or be predicted at least 2 ‘A’ levels or equivalent at grade C or grade 5 or higher.
Skills and Qualities:
The ideal candidates will:
- Be practically minded
- Have good technical awareness
- Relish the challenge of physical work in an industrial environment
- Have the ability to prioritise work / tasks
- Be able to work under own initiative and as part of team
- Have a good, positive ‘can do’ attitude