Field Sales Adviser – London
Weekly Hours: Flexible
Proposed Pay: £14,500 per annum + generous commission structure
Marketing organisation providing strategic solutions and student recruitment services for Colleges and Universities. Our Service Provider; are the Universities, Colleges and other Providers of Comparative educational needs for the Students and Knowledge seekers
Our Customers; are the members of the public who are in need of help in career development and seek challenging and better life opportunities
Our Vision; is to achieve what our customers may have benchmarked with Innovation, Trust, Appealing Quality and Helping Hand.”
You will be monitored strictly, on targets and performances in which these targets are subject to be changed from time to time. You will be generating leads in Venues, High Street, Trade Shows, at Events or as directed by your line Manager or Field Sales Leader. You should always achieve your Minimum targets at all times, the quality of your visits and leads are paramount, otherwise, it might affect any bonus or spiff introduced during your working shift.
- Reporting your whereabouts, through Zoho-people (sign in & out otherwise you will be marked absent, which will affect your pay).
- You must Email/text daily figures to your team leader by 6:30pm.
- Identifying & approaching potential customers.
- Qualifying & filtering all customers.
- Generating income & revenue for the business.
- Maintaining a professional approach to customers and staff members at all times.
- Follow team management & team leader instructions at all times.
- Keep up to date with new information regarding the industry.
- Communicating with your Tele-sales advisor (TSA) and maintaining good relations and team spirit at all times.
- You MUST achieve your daily targets.
- You MUST be able to work on Saturdays if you are not achieving your weekly targets.
- Attending meetings on time.
- Attending training on time.
- Attending performance reviews on time.
Skills & Knowledge
- English language skills are mandatory
- Giving feedback to management
- Working under pressure in different venues and weather conditions.
- Working towards commissions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Good time keeping
- Confident and determined approach
- Proficient with computers, hand held devices, Word, Excel (data entry) and e-mail.
- Understanding of the UK education system.
- To be able to travel within London.
- Resilience to handle criticism and rejection.
- High degree of self-motivation ad drive.