Final Checker - £23,000 p/a - London
- Business & Admin
- Customer Service
- Health and Social Care
- London remove
ITH Pharma Ltd is a fast growing unique pharmaceutical company who provide aseptic compounding services to a wide variety of NHS and Private hospitals across the UK and Eire. We have a strong and loyal team of dedicated employees who strive for excellence in producing life saving bespoke medicines. Due to continued growth we are now looking to increase the team.
As a Final Checker you would work across all aspects of processing customer orders and in-process and final checking of products in accordance with the quality assurance programme and under supervision. The products include parenteral nutrition (PN) formulations and chemotherapy treatments, pain control and antibiotics.
PN formulations are used for feeding a patient intravenously, bypassing the usual process of eating and digestion. PN formulas contain ingredients such as salts, glucose, amino acids, lipids and added vitamins.
Your main duties would include:-
- Generating documentation from orders to enable the preparation of products using defined production software in accordance with agreed schedules and within deadlines;
- Customer service which involves discussion with the client product selection;
- Conducting in-process and final checks on aseptically dispensed products in accordance with defined procedures, including reconciling raw materials/ingredients;
- Labelling and packaging finished products ready for dispatch to customers;
- Stock maintenance (replenish and rotation);
- Ensuring a high quality of service to the customer and adherence to Health and Safety requirements, company operating procedures and in accordance with the principles of Good Manufacturing Practice.
The Person – Skills and qualities required
Applicants must have a recognised degree in a relevant science related subject or BTec in Pharmacy or have substantial directly relevant experience in a GMP facility (involving compounding, testing or measuring of medicines and working to deadlines) together with experience of using computer based tools.
In addition you will need good oral/telephone and written communication skills in English, to be methodical in approach and able to demonstrate close attention to detail. Your numeracy skills will be strong and you will be a logical thinker with a proven ability to problem solve. An appreciation of customer needs and experience of working as part of a busy team to tight deadlines without loosing focus are also essential.
Salary – Starting salary for this role is £23,000 per annum which rises with successful completion of in house training, accreditations and demonstration of skills learnt.
Due to the volume of responses it will not be possible to reply to all applicants with specific feedback – if you have not had a response within one month of your application, you have not been successful. If you have been unsuccessful with a previous application any further applications are unnecessary.Sign-up or log in to apply