This is an exciting opportunity for someone wishing to further their career in a finance environment. FES welcome applications from enthusiastic and motivated people who relish responsibility and are looking for a diverse and challenging career. In return FES offer exceptional training and development opportunities and the chance to start an exciting and varied career path.
As a Finance Administrator your day will be split across different parts of FES Group your main focus will be in the Finance team where you will generally be spending the morning with the purchase ledger team;cover reception at lunch and then spend the afternoon with the financial reporting team.
- Keep track of FM inbox and print necessary invoices/files for FM purchase ledger team to process.
- Receive statements/receipts from employees, input to spreadsheet - allocating to appropriate job/nominal code.
- Note this process will be changing to an online system.
- Download transactions for specified B Accounts and match off - alert accounts assistant to any discrepancies.
- Prepare P&L expense analysis for group companies to allow accounts assistants to review.
- Receive expenses from Managers, input to spreadsheet - allocating to appropriate job/nominal code.
- Input mileage from staff onto spreadsheets, chase up any that are missing, calculate deduction and give to payroll.
- QA specific training - allocated 2 hours per week.
- Assist sales administrator with month end processing.
- Adding PO Numbers to invoices FM are due & finding out Job Numbers.
- Open and distribute mail each day.
- Cover front desk meet and greets to allow receptionist to take lunch.
- Can work on own tasks at the front desk.
- AD Hoc Office duties.
- Person Specification
- Good Communication Skills, both written and verbal are essential
- A can-do attitude, with the ability to work at pace in an ever-changing work environment
- Competent with MS Office and Outlook
- Can work independently with high standards for themselves
- Will be able to work to deadlines
- Be organised and methodical in their approach
- Polished & Professional due to client facing aspects of role
- Mon - Thurs 08:00 - 17:00 and Fri 08:00 - 15:30 with a one hour lunch each day
- GBP 5 Per Hour
- GBP 10,010 Per year
Future Career Progression:
- Salary will be reviewed in line with increase in responsibilities.
QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.