My client are a High Voltage Electrical & Civil Engineers based in Olney specialising in the design and construction of Balance of Plant Infrastructure and Grid Connections, working with many high powered clients across the UK. Established in 2006, they have successfully completed works on over 330 Grid Connections to the National Grid.
The main purpose of the role is to assist the Commercial Accountant with day-to-day financial tasks as required by the business.
Daily duties include:
- Reconciliation of company credit cards
- Liaising with other departments to get invoices authorised
- Resolving invoices in query
- Monitoring levels of unauthorised invoices
- Contacting suppliers for copy invoices
- Reconciliation of Supplier Statements
- Ad-hoc purchase ledger support
- Dealing with supplier queries and remittances
- Assist with month-end and year-end procedures
- Assisting with Financial Audits
- Verification of subcontractors
- Assistance with VAT Returns
- Ad-hoc support to Commercial Accountant
Due to the nature of this role, my client is looking for a candidate who is eager to learn, has excellent attention to detail and has strong GCSEs or equivalent. Training is supported by Starting Off and will be a mix of on and off-the-job training and practical experience.