Role Title: Apprentice Finance Assistant Level 2
Required qualifications: 3 GCSEs including Maths and English at grade A to C or equivalent
About Balfour Beatty and what we do:
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you.
Take a look at what we do at:
Balfour Beatty is the UKs largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change peoples lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and youll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role:
We are offering a 12 month apprenticeship scheme based at our head office in Newcastle, with the potential to extending this to an 18 month scheme depending on business needs and performance. You will work in Finance & Reporting. The aim is to provide you with a career path and progress through the organisation.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
Balfour Beatty offers a comprehensive training programme in Planning with the opportunity of completing industry recognised vocational qualifications. You will provide effective, efficient, confidential and comprehensive administrative support to our business. As part of the Apprenticeship scheme you will be supported with gaining an Accounting Apprenticeship at Level 2. You will also have various other training opportunities, such as Induction, Continuous Improvement Training and Customer Service training. Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, we will look to explore further opportunities within Balfour Beatty and further development of you and your career.
Your responsibilities as a Finance Apprentice:
- The role will require direct interaction with projects and head office
- There will be a need to understand costs and charge these out to the business
- There will be training throughout, including: balance sheet reconciliations, system training, and advanced Excel
- The role of finance within the business is varied and interesting
- Through an apprenticeship in finance you will be in the centre of everything that happens within a corporate business environment working in a highly motivated team
Who were looking for:
- You will have a minimum of 3 GCSEs at grade 4/C or above including Maths and English coupled with an interest in Finance
- Have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Be comfortable with and interested in working with numbers
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Be team focussed
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.