The Finance Intern is a one-year fixed term contract role in the Finance Department of Transforming Lives Educational Trust.
During the year the Intern will gain experience of working withing a busy finance department for a Multi Academy Trust. The role will work across all areas of finance including management and financial accounting, purchase to pay and order to cash.
The Intern will learn how a finance function works, how transactions of all kinds are processed and how these are then used in management and financial accounts.
During the year the role will support the two Finance Officers in the department as well as the Chief Financial Officer.
- Carry out financial and accounting procedures:
- Provide support to the Finance Officer in his/her duties.
- Ensure that accurate and timely financial records are kept across the Trust.
- Under supervision, the role will learn and process transaction in the procurement to payment process, including sourcing, placing orders, receipting and payment of purchase invoices, and the appropriate accounting processes that sit behind this.
- Under supervision the role will learn and process transactions in the order to cash process for teaching and commercial activity, including raising invoices, chasing debts, processing receipts and the appropriate accounting processes that sit behind this.
- Under supervision the role will assist in Monthly VAT Claims
- Under supervision the role will assist in Monthly Bank Reconciliations
- Under supervision the role will assist in the management of the financial aspects of ParentPay and ParentMail
- Under supervision the role will assist in the preparation and distribution of budget holder reports
- Under supervision the role will assist in the preparation of Monthly Management Accounts including commentaries
- Under supervision the role will assist in the preparation of the Academies annual budgets
Maths & English GCSE 4 or above
3 A Levels
A good working knowledge of computer software packages including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Produce and process data and documents to ensure accurate reports and information
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and issues appropriately.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- To establish good working relationships at all levels – students, teachers, senior management etc.
To apply please click on the Apply button. Once redirected download, complete and submit the Application Form to email@example.com