Barnett Waddingham is a leading financial services consultancy, which specialises in risk, investment and pensions consultancy. As well as all the financial speciality areas of our business we also have Marketing, HR, IT (software development and IT support), Secretarial and Governance teams. We have 9 offices across the UK and are a growing firm with exciting opportunities available.
If university isn’t the path for you or if you have recently returned from a gap year and are looking to start a new career, then we want to hear from you. You'd be joining a diverse, growing and award winning firm that supports young talent, innovation and employee development.
Please apply with your CV. We will then invite you to a short telephone screen with one of our team followed by an introduction call with the Training Provider.
The Apprenticeship role itself is varied and you will be involved in a range of tasks from opening the post to assisting with project based work for business wide initiatives. Some aspects of your role will require problem solving skills while other daily tasks will be routine and require high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
A snapshot of the daily work responsibilities will include:
- Attending team meetings to understand the priorities and offering support as required.
- The preparation of computer generated benefit calculations and related correspondence.
- Communicating with clients, their members and advisers via email, letter and telephone.
- Process client pensioner payrolls, including calculations of net pay, arranging payments, liaison with tax offices and preparation of year end returns.
Ideally we would like to see education up to A-Level standard with grade C or higher in 2 or more subjects.
As a minimum, you will need to have Maths and English in any of the following qualifications:
GCSE grade 5 / C or above
What's in it for you?
- Competitive discretionary annual bonus
- Core benefits paid for by BW including life assurance, group income protection, private medical cover and 25 days holiday per year with holiday trading
- A generous pension scheme where we contribute 8% of your salary from day one of your employment
- Employee Assistance Programme to support you and your family through any concerns or challenges you may experience
- A comprehensive range of voluntary benefits to suit your life stage and lifestyle including a tech scheme, cycle to work scheme, dental cover, healthcare cash plan, health assessments, critical illness cover, extension of private medical cover or life assurance to family members, gym membership, travel insurance and a broad range of discounts at hundreds of retailers including supermarkets, fitness centres, travel and leisure companies
- Fresh fruit, hot and cold drinks provided free of charge in all of our offices
- Giving Something Back:
- 1 paid volunteering day per year as a commitment to our Corporate Social Investment
- Support your favourite charity with the "Give as You Earn" option
- Match-funding for individuals raising money for a recognised charity
- Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one. We recognise that we have an impact that goes beyond our core activities.
- Values: our values are PRINCIPLED, RESPECT, QUALITY AND PARTNERSHIP - they are important to us and we want them to be important to you as well.
Wellbeing: employee wellbeing has always been important to us and our approach is to create an environment where individuals will be engaged at work, successful in what they do and able to achieve their full potential, benefiting both their self and the business. BW offer a great range of employee benefits as we believe it's important individuals are supported in making choices which are flexible enough to meet their needs and help support their wellness.
Diversity: we are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce where people from all backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives can thrive, feel welcome and develop to their full potential. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, disability, religion/belief, age, pregnancy and maternity, and marriage and civil partnerships. Our recruitment processes are designed to be fair and consistent and enable candidates to compete on a level playing field.
Your progression: we offer career progression opportunities and a focus on training and professional development to provide you with the tools and skills to thrive. We also offer study support for relevant professional or skills qualifications.
Other activities: we have clubs, sporting events, social, cultural and belief groups across our offices if you’d like to join in and meet like-minded people.